Tough Day at Econfina

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

GoneGator
Site Sponsor

Tough Day at Econfina

Post by GoneGator »

One keeper to show for the effort, one more short was all there was to it. Water temp 87. There before sun-up and fished 1-10' of water with everything in the tackle box, even those new fangled things that caught you at the store but you were too busy catching fish to ever try. Even tried up Smith Creek (that's where the keeper came from) and saw Reds finning but they would not bite. Back to the flats after catching some pinneys, the perfect half dollar size, and picked up one hardhead. Stopped at JR's on the ride home, lots of reports of nadda. Guess the summer duldrums are here, at least for me today they were! Hope ya'll had better luck.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Time to fish at night or gig for flounder, eh?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
ALMAR

FORGET TROUT FISHING

Post by ALMAR »

SINCE WE HAVE HAD OVER 8" OF RAIN IN THE LAST 4 DAYS, YOU CAN FORGET TROUT FISHING ON THE FLATS, THEY WILL NOT BE THERE. IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS OR MORE BEFORE THOSE TROUT WILL COME BACK TO THE FLATS. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY FRUSTRATING YEAR AS FAR AS TROUT ARE CONCERNED, TOO MUCH WIND, NOT ENOUGH WIND TOO MUCH RAIN. I WOULD EMAGINE THE ROAD GOING INTO THE AUCILLA LANDING IS UNDER WATER BY NOW.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: PA
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

i will second that opinion. maybe keaton would have some trouts and flounders.

time to fish for freshwater cats, rising waters. or miccosukee.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Redbelly,
The trout wern't at Keaton last Monday when I went there. NADA!!
Probably the worst trip of the year for us. Ran off the water at 10 am by huge thunderstorm. Never really got to hunt fish, spent most time just catching bait. The trout just didn't bite. We got some choice pins for bait.
Yours in the South