CD stuck in auto

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelbad

CD stuck in auto

Post by reelbad »

I have an 03 expedition with a CD stuck in the player, any ideas on how to solve the problem. I have disconnected the battery for a few min. to see if it would reset. I guess the next stop is a stereo shop.
Capt Ron

Re: CD stuck in auto

Post by Capt Ron »

Hit-n-Miss

CD stuck in auto

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

reelbad wrote:I have an 03 expedition with a CD stuck in the player, any ideas on how to solve the problem. I have disconnected the battery for a few min. to see if it would reset. I guess the next stop is a stereo shop.
. If it's a 6 cd changer it has to be sent off for repair. A single you can remove the top and coax it out from behind. But prob will jamb again as it prob is wore out and needs service. Just get a new aftermarket one with BT USB and AUX. It's cheaper than fixing. I've been doing audio professionally for 29 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
reelbad wrote:I have an 03 expedition with a CD stuck in the player, any ideas on how to solve the problem. I have disconnected the battery for a few min. to see if it would reset. I guess the next stop is a stereo shop.
. If it's a 6 cd changer it has to be sent off for repair. A single you can remove the top and coax it out from behind. But prob will jamb again as it prob is wore out and needs service. Just get a new aftermarket one with BT USB and AUX. It's cheaper than fixing. I've been doing audio professionally for 29 years.

Thanks, where should I get one installed. I would like to get the unit and have installed at same location if possible, unless you recommend different.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

Thanks, where should I get one installed. I would like to get the unit and have installed at same location if possible, unless you recommend different.
. I work at Soundworks in tville. I can do it.

reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

I know it depends on the unit I get, but what would the labor (estimate) be for something like that. Thanks.
Hit-n-Miss

CD stuck in auto

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

I know it depends on the unit I get, but what would the labor (estimate) be for something like that. Thanks.
. You can get a pioneer from us with Bluetooth USB and aux for $205.45 installed. The labor part of it is only $45

reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

. You can get a pioneer from us with Bluetooth USB and aux for $205.45 installed. The labor part of it is only $45

Thanks, be seeing you as soon as we can get to Tville. do we need to make an appointment first.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
reelbad wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

Thanks, be seeing you as soon as we can get to Tville. do we need to make an appointment first.
. Try to call and let us know when want to come and I'll hold a spot for you. 229-226-5198. Thanks ask for Greg.