LADYFISH EVERYWHERE!!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JWCAMILLA

LADYFISH EVERYWHERE!!!

Post by JWCAMILLA »

Where did all the freakn lady fish come from last weekend? We could hardly get a trout to bite from all the lady fish. We fished from the light house and went east 15 miles and they were everywhere we stopped. The last hour and a half we fished, we caught them on every cast. Fun to catch but dang did we get tired of them. Any one else have this problem last weekend?
"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"
bman

Re: LADYFISH EVERYWHERE!!!

Post by bman »

They are great snapper/grouper cut bait!!

and you can eat them ;-)
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =1&t=33083
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Thats just not right!!!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

All I can tell you is to move again. I don't like them either, and sometimes you can find a place where they aren't. Last week I caught some of the biggest ladyfish I have ever caught. :evil:
Yours in the South
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Poor mans tarpon :-D
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

zload wrote:Poor mans tarpon :-D
Love to catch on the fly. Bring them on!!
JWCAMILLA

Post by JWCAMILLA »

Yep. Had a blast catching them but they ate through most of our bait. We caught some of the biggest ones I've ever caught myself too. Just seemed like they knew where we were going and had to follow us. LOL. We finally caught a limit of trout but no big'uns. All were between 15" and 18". I bet we went through 5 jugs of gulp because of the lady fish.
"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"
Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

JWCAMILLA wrote:Yep. Had a blast catching them but they ate through most of our bait. We caught some of the biggest ones I've ever caught myself too. Just seemed like they knew where we were going and had to follow us. LOL. We finally caught a limit of trout but no big'uns. All were between 15" and 18". I bet we went through 5 jugs of gulp because of the lady fish.
First off try moving in closer. Secondly maybe you should look into a different bait. Gulps are too expensive to go through like that and imo are not the magic bait people make it out to be. I'll use one zman all day unless I'm catching toothy fish that cut into them and then it's like three a day. Put a little super glue on the jig head and let it ride.
JWCAMILLA

Post by JWCAMILLA »

Will try them next time. I've done well with the gulp over the years but they are rather pricey.
"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"
Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

JWCAMILLA wrote:Will try them next time. I've done well with the gulp over the years but they are rather pricey.
They catch fish no doubt but I don't think they are worth the price during the warmer months especially. I'll fish them some in cold water when every little bit helps to coax a strike but they are unnecessary this time of year.