st marks light house

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eastcoastfisher

st marks light house

Post by eastcoastfisher »

i am new to the area and i have a few questions i am hoping someone can answer for me or guide me in the right direction.

the best chance to catch flounder and reds are probably east of the light house in the creeks and coves on high tides correct and then trout, bsb, spanish, and sharks out in the 6-12 ft ranges?

also, scallop season is coming up and i was wondering how it was around the light house?

any advice or tips would be awesome! thanks!
Hit-n-Miss

Re: st marks light house

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welcome to the forum. As far as the flounder and reds. I don't know but what you said would be worth trying. As far as the flats yes. And the stake line in and out from is a good place to start. As far as the scallops. They run in cycles. One year fantastic the next can be dismal. But any where in the rock garden can be great. The rock garden is loosely the area between Cobb rocks, greymare and black rock. All of these are on most charts. Be warned they don't call it the rock garden for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mac03

Re: st marks light house

Post by mac03 »

I was just out there yesterday! We purchased the season pass. The area we have had the most success with is to the right of the lighthouse parking lot. A short walk down the trail leads to a pretty long oysterbar. I have caught some decent size trout out there, and they are ALWAYS there, jumping like crazy. Yesterday, a fellow fishermen pulled in a nice size flounder off the O-bar, I only managed to hook up with one trout. During hightide rays and bonnethead will swim right beside you, pretty fun spot.