Ochlockonee Bay

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

capt_crano

Ochlockonee Bay

Post by capt_crano »

Any one caught and Redfish in the bay lately? I am staying out there Thursday-Sunday and plan to fish the bay between Mashes Sands and Chaires Creek and was wondering if anyone had advice for this area or if I should try off Bald point in deeper water? I plan to look for oyster bars at low tide, and have looked at some maps and navionics to get a idea of depths...Anyone have idea of where to start or tides to key in on? Much appreciated...
ontiltttttt

Re: Ochlockonee Bay

Post by ontiltttttt »

I fished Levy Bay yesterday from the canoe and paddled up on a huge school of reds and black drum tailing at an oyster bar. Threw everything I had in my tackle box and they didn't want what I was offering. I actually false hooked a 20ish pound black drum by the tail while working a jig but then lost it at the boat ☹️ Good luck out there
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

Levy bay is usually so shallow. What tide were you working and about what area of that large bay?
Vibe_Yaker

Post by Vibe_Yaker »

Paddled out on Levy Bay this morning between 9 & 2 on incoming tide, light wind to start. Caught & released 1 red near oyster bars. Saw a pair of dolphin jumping. T-storm cut us short.