Broken fishing Rod

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

homboyfsu

Broken fishing Rod

Post by homboyfsu »

Question can you get a Fishing Rod that is broken fixed? Will it last? Where can I get one fixed?
Capt Ron

Re: Broken fishing Rod

Post by Capt Ron »

Where's it broken? You can sleeve them, but the action not the same.
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

About a foot from the top.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

I usually just put a new tip on it and my 7'6" rod would then be a 6'6" rod.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Maybe Dom will chime in on this one, but from what I understand, a rod can be repaired by splicing or a sleeve. Unfortunately it will have a weak point near the repair and the action will not be the same.
Also some rod repair folks say it is labor intensive and it can be cost prohibitive.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

if a break occurs ABOVE the reel seat, the repair isn't possible. never seen the sleeve technique but I can't imagine that working well at all. the sleeve section would be extremely stiff and wouldn't allow the blank to flex correctly.. it would be like trying to flex the butt end of your rod. not happening unless you're trying to snap it lol.

this rod is done, not sure what kind of rod it was but if it has a warranty then getting a replacement probably won't be so bad. even if they have to pro-rate it. orrrrrrrrrrrrr you can invest in a fancy rod with a lifetime warranty and these issues go away. free replacement. if you are then I know a guy!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

ABOUT 20 YRS. AGO I SLAMED A TRUNK LID ON MY RED BONE ROD, ABOUT 1 INCH FROM THE END. DIPPED A NEW TIP IN SOME MIRICLE GLUE AND PUSHED IT ON THE TIP. SHE STILL CATCHES FISH, COULD NOT TELL ANY DIFFERENCE. I GENERALLY US THIS ROD WHEN I AM BLACK BASS FISHING USING 35 POUND TEST BRAIDED LINE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO