Lake Hall Fishing Information?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fishman
Site Sponsor

Lake Hall Fishing Information?

Post by Fishman »

Can anyone give me some information on fishing Lake Hall?What size boat can you put in there?Can you use a motor?If you can't can you trim your big motor up and use your trolling motor?I apperciate anyone who can help me out.
Billy Miller

Lake Hall

Post by Billy Miller »

No gas outboards are permitted on Lake Hall. Easily fished with a trolling motor mounted on a jon boat. Ramp is mostly sand, but adequate. Nice wooden dock located adjacent to the ramp. use some flurocarbon leader, due to the lake being so clear. I have had some successs using a snagless sally spinner bait, work slowly near the pads. Also, bubble gum colored trick worm works well also. Hope this helps. A kayak also works very well on the lake.

Billy
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

no gas motors, unless you live on the lake. Watch out for the ski boats.
We take the little duck boat out there and catch all the bream you want to on a flyrod. work the area directly across the lake from the ramp up under the docks.
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

Lake HAll

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

When I'm not at Oyster Bay on the flats or when I have a charter I fish Lake Hall. I get a yearly pass, around $40.00 which lets you fish 24/7. Great bass fishing. Use top water early and worms or shiiners after that. Lake Hall is one of the few lakes that stay wet during the draughts. There are holes showing almost 30ft in the lake.

The ramp is new, all concrete for the past yeear or so. The slope is too gradual, so you launch dry and get wet coming in. The pier next to it is a concrete floating pier.

Like you read, they only allow electric motors when launching from the park. I think I have seen one boat from the people across the lake in almost five years.

In the summer you'll have to tolorate a zillion school kids swimming and yelling at the top of their lungs. But if you go across the lake you can barely hear them. They arrive about 9am.

Night fishing is good and fun.

Charlie
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660