Fishing Report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PacknDipsRipnLips

Fishing Report

Post by PacknDipsRipnLips »

Well guys first off I would like to say hello. First time posting.

Went bass fishing yesterday and had a decent go at it. Made sure I packed all the essentials. Gallon of water. Fresh can of Stokers Straight.

Got out to the hole around 8ish. Cool Spring morning. New lake I have never fished before so I was super excited preparing for this trip.

I decided to take my ol’ Lews baitcaster that I haven’t fished with in a while and a ultra light for some blue gill or shell cracker.

I get to fishing and I’m getting hung up on branches that are under water and I get hung up a few times on bushes around the lake. Caught a couple bass.

I get about a good 300 cast into my day and I rare back to cast out the most beautiful cast I’ve probably ever thrown and my line snaps back at me and I had to dodge my Dean Rojas Spro frog. My spool was out of line. Bass fishing was over.

After being sad for a moment I took out the stokers straight and sipped on my water for a bit. Then I decided to put a fresh pinch of stokers straight in and rigged up the ol ultra light and caught about 300 shell cracker.

Good day of fishing. Make sure to check your line on your old rods before you go to rip lips and pack dips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Beard

Fishing Report

Post by Red Beard »

Yessir. Welcome to the forum.

You cant have nothing nice. Glad you put a whooping to some shell cracker. Some darn good eating I may add.

Last edited by Red Beard on April 15th, 2020, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PacknDipsRipnLips

Re: Fishing Report

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the report, that’s a big ol mess of shell cracker. What were you using, beetle spin? I definitely understand what a big ol shot of nicotine will do for you when you get frustrated. I surely do miss it sometimes. Live it up while you are young, pay for it when your old :beer: :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
PacknDipsRipnLips

Salty Gator wrote:Welcome aboard. Thanks for the report, that’s a big ol mess of shell cracker. What were you using, beetle spin? I definitely understand what a big ol shot of nicotine will do for you when you get frustrated. I surely do miss it sometimes. Live it up while you are young, pay for it when your old :beer: :thumbup:
Regular ol worms

southern-gent

Post by southern-gent »

Welcome!

There are a lot of folks on here who will be happy with the subject matter of your first post.
mastercaster

Post by mastercaster »

I like to pack a good lip as well. Welcome.
southern-gent

Post by southern-gent »

Cant go wrong with Stokers Straight