Mashie Sands

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BKTomblin Jr

Mashie Sands

Post by BKTomblin Jr »

Ive seen the public ramp down near the end of MS, has anyone had any luck ? how far out ? :smt017
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Someone tried ta burn it down :o don't know if it's been repaired yet or not 8) :beer:
BKTomblin Jr

Mashie sands; ramp

Post by BKTomblin Jr »

I know that public bridge has had its share of mistiff, but im talking the "boat ramp"?? there was a small building that i believe was restrooms?? are we on the same page.. talk to me :roll:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

DANGIT, I just popped in and then back out ta finish a project and read it wrong :hammer: Trout and Reds are all over the place there and the Grouper are about 11 or 13 miles S/SE of the last marker :-D The further ya go that way, the deeper it gitts :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

The pier is closed (from what I've been told), The public landing is concrete, and there are bathrooms. It's a hop skip and a jump to the river and out the channel. I've studied the blue charts of the area, and like wevans said, the deeper water is closer in, and 8 mile ride will get you into 20-25 feet of water.
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
BKTomblin Jr

Post by BKTomblin Jr »

it sounds so invite-in .. It may be hard to believe, but im still pretty-much dumb when it comes to GPS. All will come in time... :hammer:
Fighting Conch
Site Sponsor

ramp at mashes sands

Post by Fighting Conch »

The ramp is good but the mouth of the canal is partially blocked by a sand bar so bigger boats better not try at low tide. The sand bar is a good place to cast net live bait. Love the outdoor "shower" at the bathroom.