Dredging St. Marks- FINAL and LAST Update

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redhead

Dredging St. Marks- FINAL and LAST Update

Post by Redhead »

Well I promised that when I found out more information that I would let everyone know. In reviewing the Congressional Budget, there is no language or $$$ to allow or direct the COE to dredge the St. Marks. There is however, money for dredging areas to the west that were impacted by the hurricanes. Further, they are directed to complete the dredging before next hurricane season. That will be a major job in itself! Second, the channel does not appear to be as "bad" as previously thought. Also, the local sponsor who is required to cost share does not want to do it now. So, bottom line there IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY DREDGING OF THE ST. MARKS IN THE NEAR FUTURE! :D So unless a hurricane comes up and does a number on us next year I think that we will not have to revisit this issue for some time.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Good Job Ted
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Redhead,

Thanks for your concise and knowledgeable report. People such as yourself is why I like this forum - your input is greatly appreciated. Glad it was positive news also!

Sea Gurl
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Re: Dredging St. Marks- FINAL and LAST Update

Post by ferris1248 »

Redhead wrote: Also, the local sponsor who is required to cost share does not want to do it now. So, bottom line there IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY DREDGING OF THE ST. MARKS IN THE NEAR FUTURE! :D So unless a hurricane comes up and does a number on us next year I think that we will not have to revisit this issue for some time.
Who is the "local sponsor"?

Thanks.