Bass Pro

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Yardarm
Site Sponsor

Bass Pro

Post by Yardarm »

Good morning all,

Just on the news that a bass pro distribution center and retail outlet is to be built in Macon Ga.

Not real close to the big bend but driveable.

Here is a link to the anouncment.

http://www.wmaz.com/news/local_headline ... ryid=10142

Yardarm
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Anyone been to their store in Destin? That is on my to-do list next time I'm in the area.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Apalach wrote:Anyone been to their store in Destin? That is on my to-do list next time I'm in the area.
Yes....Take a franklin or two....

Islamorado was my favorite...I plan on stopping at the one in Houston next week, if possible...
GeorgeP
Site Sponsor

Post by GeorgeP »

Unless it is different from the one in N. Atlanta, it will be mostly Fresh Water. I am looking forward to visiting the one in Islamorado in May. :-D
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Unless it is different from the one in N. Atlanta, it will be mostly Fresh Water. I am looking forward to visiting the one in Islamorado in May.
It is different. The one in Destin is a World Wide Sportsman like Islamorado. More geared towards saltwater than Atlanta. Smaller though. Worth a trip. Can someone float me a loan? :-D :-D
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Eerman wrote:Can someone float me a loan? :-D :-D
Sure, but can you handle the interest..... :-D
GeorgeP
Site Sponsor

Post by GeorgeP »

Eerman wrote:It is different. The one in Destin is a World Wide Sportsman like Islamorado. More geared towards saltwater than Atlanta. Smaller though. Worth a trip. Can someone float me a loan? :-D :-D
I figured the one in Destin would be more geared to Salt, but will the one in Macon be more like Destin or more like N. Atlanta?
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

I have visited BassPro in Nashville, Atlanta and Destin.
The Destin store is certainly the smallest.
I was not that impressed with their range of salt water tackle and last May/June ,there were lots of gaps on the shelves.

I also thought it was indicative of the hype that is Bass Pro, when I bought a Stradic cheaper in Bluewater Outriggers, Port St Joe , than I could have from BassPro. :-?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I have driven by the Atlanta BP and been in Destin and Islamorado...They are all the same size from my perspective....Actually I think Destin is the larger of the two I have been in....Islamorado only had clothes on the second floor, where destin has a hunting section upstair....Asked my wife to confirm about the Islamorado store...she said, "I don't recall, I'll let you know this summer." :o

Cran flies across the Atlantic to complain about a dollar :roll: ...
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I usually take the family to Destin for a couple of days, at least once a year. I find myself in Bass Pro more than once while I'm there.
The selection seems pretty good to me. However the only thing I have to compare it to is Kevins, and Wal-Mart! :o
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Chalk, it was $15 actually, which is quite a difference when you are saving for a ticket to get back across the Atlantic. :wink:

I also felt that the people (Owners) at Bluewater Outriggers appreciated my business, a lot more than the staff (employees) at Bass Pro.
As you would expect, I had quite a few questions about reasonably unfamiliar items and the staff at Bluewater Outriggers were prepared to spend the time to assist me.
In Bass Pro, they gave me leaflets to read. :roll:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Euro to a dollar you only saved 7.50 :wink: :lol:

I have not been to Bluewater....I might check them out next week... :thumbup:
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

We don't use the euro-rouble in England. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :evil:
The currency here is still the English pound. :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D

I don't recommend places lightly and Bluewater Outriggers really impressed me.
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

I've been to the one in Destin quite a few times. It is only about 40 minutes from home for me. I've always heard it's a fairly small store compared to some of the others, but have never been to any of the others myself. While your in Destin take a ride a little farther down 98 and stop by Half Hitch Tackle.

Nathan
drayno

Bass Pro

Post by drayno »

Guys.

The one in Atlanta is nice and big. the one in Destin had a much better Salt water collection. My roomie and I have been to the original in Springfield, Missouri. I have to say that my favorite is in Springfield. Although I didn't really start having fun in them until about 10 months ago, I have to say that I was most impressed with the Original one. It seemed to have the most charecter of all of them. If you are ever in the middle of no-where Missery, stop by the one in Springfield. It's nearly all freshwater, but it's definately a fun trip.

Drayno