lanark

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fishnut
Site Sponsor

lanark

Post by Fishnut »

going to put in at Lanark Village for the first time tommorow. Was wondering if the structure just offshore is a sandbar, oyster bar, or what?? Can you float across it? Looks to be high tide in the morning. I have a Carolina Skiff j16. Can I go straight out or do I need to run around it? Used to going out at Econfina and Keaton.

How's inshore fishing? Taking an 8 year old, so it matters not WHAT kind of fish, just so long as we hook up on something.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

With the wind and seas tomorrow, I would stay behind the little island across from the ramp. You can catch Reds and Trout thrueout that area. Just be aware that on low tide, much of the area will only have 2 to 3 feet of water "and many areas less" :( A J16 will have no bussiness outside of that protection tomorrow!

And the structure is an Island that you must go around :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

How is the scallooing in that area? Hoping the water would be shallow enough for our grandkids to be able to pick up some.