Wanted: A Good Used Car

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MamaK

Wanted: A Good Used Car

Post by MamaK »

Insurance company just totaled my daughter's 1999 Prism that we just paid off! :hammer: :smt014

We are looking for a Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla. Looking for one in good shape with relatively low miles for the price. After all is said and done I should have about $4500 to spend.

We checked on a 1996 Accord listed in the paper with 87,000 miles on it. The wife said her husband is still driving it and it is not for sale! :smt013
Why then would they be paying to put an ad in the paper??? :smt101

If anyone has any leads on a car, please let me know.

MamaK
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by Wil »

Some not so good news for you: With gas prices like they are, small used cars are hard to find at a decent price right now. I was talking with the a guy that buys them at auctions for dealerships, and he said that they are going for more than the dealerships are even willing to pay at auction right now. :(

After comparing prices for new vs. used right now, I went ahead and bought a new one for my wife. (Gently-used was still a slightly better deal, but I had to consider the "stay out of the doghouse" bonus of a new car.)

Now, if you want to get her a big gas-hog of a truck or SUV, they're heavily discounted at the moment. :-D

Wil
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

MamaK,
I know Greenbone on the forum had an Accord for sale. I don't know if he still has it. It's in good shape; but, he's asking more for it than you said you wanted to pay. Can't remember exactly how much; but, you may want to get in touch with him.
MamaK

Post by MamaK »

I tried sending Greenbone an e-mail but it came back. Greenbone are you listening? If you still have the Accord, let me know.

Thanks,

MamaK
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good morning MamaK.

I have a valid cell# for him. PM me if you can't make contact and I'll put you on to him.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe that Saltshaker is "in the business" as well.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Yes I still have the 1998 Accord LX, has just under 113k. My daughter is the original owner. Asking $7399- tinted windows,alarm,remote entry,6-cd changer. Good interior/exterior, mechanically perfect. Listed in the mullet wraper two days ago.Call me 5100828 . Will consider all offers

GreenBone
MamaK

Post by MamaK »

That's a little bit more than we can handle right now. We picked up a check from State Farm for $4800 today and hopefully I will get my $500 deductible back if they ever get the other insurance company to pay. So, we are looking to spend around $5,000.

Thanks for getting back with me, though.

MamaK
FUTCHCAIRO

MAMA K

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A SMALL PICK-UP. I BOUGHT ONE A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO , IT WAS A 1995 MODEL WITH 146,000 MILES ON IT, HAS PW BRAKES, STEERING, STEREO, AND COLD A/C. I PAID $1,900 FOR IT. THE LITTLE S-10 HAS A 4.3 V-6 VORTEC ENGINE, USES NO OIL,GETS 25-28 MPG AND IS IN PRETTY DECENT SHAPE. I SEE A LOT OF THE LITTLE S-10 ADVERTISED IN THE BIG BEND CLASSIFIEDS PAPER1997-2001 MODELS FOR UNDER THE $5,000.00 YOU SAID THAT YOU HAD TO INVEST. YOU CAN FIND THE BIG BEND CLASSIFIED PAPER FREE, THEY ARE GENERALLY IN FRONT OF THE 7-11 TYPE STORES OR YOU CAN CALL THEM AT 850-574-O7O8. I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL BOATS FROM ADDS IN THIS PAPER AS WELL AS THE S-10 TRUCK AND ALL HAVE BEEN GOOD BUYS.
PA (AKA) ALMAR :thumbup: :thumbup:
FUTCHCAIRO