Got's me a boat!

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dave7

Got's me a boat!

Post by dave7 »

Got my first power boat :) :) :-D Headed to Lake Talquin tomorrow to dodge stumps... Figure that's easier then fighting crowds and ramp lines at the coast.

Here she is with the Jeep:
SeaArk 15'

-dave
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Way To Go Dave :thumbup:

The Sea Ark was one of the boats I was considering when I was shopping for my first bower boat. They are strong and well built and should last a very long time.. Nice Boat
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Nice rig for sure :thumbup: :thumbup:

Almost bought me another Jeep today. ;-)
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

Good deal... looks like something I would be move up to :D
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good dill. :thumbup:
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Fish Beware.........Nice rig. You can use that for all types of fishing... :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dave7

Update

Post by dave7 »

Well survived the first trip out and back. Tried really hard to screw up the mornin' by forgetting to put the drain plug in... :smt103 Got the boat off the trailer and she started fillin' up FAST! By the time we got the plug in she had water almost up to the battery tops... So we took off across the lake and dad pulled the plug once we got her up to speed. Took 10 - 15 minutes for all that danged water to drain out the back. Headed back to the dock to pick up mom and finally got underway. :roll: Hope that's the last time I have to learn that lesson.... Think I'm gonna look at a bilge kit this afternoon....
Boat ran just fine - prolly put 10-12 miles in on top of playing around with the trolling motor. GPS showed a comfortable top speed of right at 25mph with three people and all our junk.
Great morning out - lesson learned: Plug goes in. Water stays out. Boat stays on top.
-dave
FUTCHCAIRO

popping plugs

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

DONT FEEL BAD, I HAVE BEEN FISHING FOR OVER 75 YEARS AND THE LAST TRIP, LAST WEEK, WHAT DID WE DO, LEFT THE PLUG OUT, GOT ABOUT 4" DEEP WITH THE PUMP RUNNIN, FINALLY GOT OUT THE CANAL AND UP ON TOP TO DRAIN, THEN POP THE PLUG IN , EVERYTHING FINE AFTER THAT. WHEN YOU ARE IN SOMEONE ELSE'S BOAT YA SHOULD CHECK THE TO SEE IF THE PLUG IS IN, I DIDN'T.
PA (AKA) ALMAR :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
FUTCHCAIRO
Wheresthefish
Site Sponsor

Post by Wheresthefish »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :smt004
dave7

Bilge Kit

Post by dave7 »

After seeing the radar this morning, decided against heading out on the water. Insteadm installed a bilge pump kit I picked up at Wallyworld. For any of you all who have a jon boat or any boat without a bilge, I highly reccomend trying out one of these kits. I havn't tested it on the water yet, but testing it in a bucket of water emptied it really quickly. Took a couple of hours between figuring out where to run the wires and cutting a hole for the dash switch. Should make emptying the boat easier next time I forget to put the drain plug in. :)
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Done it once but thankfully realized it prior to releasing the boat from the trailer. It's embarrassing when you have to pull our boat out, quick-drain it and put it back in the drink. :oops:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

We were turkey hunting this spring and left the plug out. We about killed ourselves by running into the trees getting it back in.

another tip is to check the kill switch first if the motor wont start. Not that I've ever done that. :roll:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I really like that rig D7. Looks very versital. Good to go most anywhere with the right weather but if its rough...it will get you back into the creeks and such. Good choice! :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Dont feel bad - you are not alone!!! I sunk my 1st boat on the boat ramp on her maiden voyage. I launched the boat and went to park the trailor- by the the time I got back,my cousin had pulled her as far as he could so as not to completely SINK> :o