C'belle 5/28

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Second Chance
Site Sponsor

C'belle 5/28

Post by Second Chance »

Got a early start and headed out of the river about 6:45. Stopped at a couple of spots behind DI but, only managed about a dozen and a half pinfish. Stopped at the bouys and quickly got two dozen hardtails. Now my crew consisted of my son and three of his college friends. Two of which had only fished the East coast and trolled for dolphins/sails. They wanted to catch their first AJ since they had read that AJs pulled pretty good ;-) . Thirty minutes later we are the only boat anchored on the Yamaha. Baits go down, AJs show up, and for the next two hours there sure is a lot of grunting and groaning going on :-D We kept four between 30"-36". By 10:00 my crew had had enough of the reef donkeys and we headed out past O tower. Stopped at a couple of spots in 80-85' and got no show. This was the first time I had looked at these spots since the storm. Ended up the day in 95' and put three red grouper, 21"-23", in the box along with a couple of red snapper @ 18". Started back in at 1:30 just as the afternoon sea breeze got going. Passed a pontoon boat about a mile north of " O" and he was headed south :roll: Perfect day on the water with my son :thumbup:
videodog

Pontoon Headed South

Post by videodog »

Did I get that right, 1 mile from "O" Tower Pontoon headed South? Did You Call it up, or Call it in (to CG)? Crazy or What!
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

WTG SC, did you see much grass on the surface? Man I want to go so bad I can smell the ocean from Douglasville. 8)
Sea Ya !
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

wtg SC. :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds like a sweet trip SC :thumbup: :thumbup:
Videodog, if I hadn't had my wife with me on Saturday, I woulda been right out there in my Bass boat as well :o the seas where that calm :-D :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Second Chance
Site Sponsor

Post by Second Chance »

Videodog, yep pontoon boat one mile North of O towr and headed South. The seas had been flat all morning but, as we were headed back in a little chop was kicking up. Nothing if your boat has a deep V but, I'm not sure how it affects a pontoon.
Sea Fox, never saw the first patch of grass and we ended up about 25 miles south of DI.
It was one of those special days when the conditions were about perfect :thumbup: