7/1/05--Panacea

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Eerman
Site Sponsor

7/1/05--Panacea

Post by Eerman »

Headed out at about 7:30 this morning with my dad who is down for a couple of weeks. Thought everything was going to be on early as the fishies were jumpin'. Large schools of macks and ladyfish. We were able to hook into a couple of ladyfish and loose a few lures to the macks. Unfortunately, no steel leader to be had onboard. Moved a little further inland and landed this nice 19 incher.

I was also able to land a few shorts. Dad also was able to land a few this size.

Really slowed down when the temp heated up and the tide started to hit its peak. Did have some excitement when a couple of VERY LARGE :o tarpon swam nearly under the boat. Couldn't get them to even think about taking anything as they were in cruise mode. Something else very large jumped near the boat; but, didn't get enough of a glimpse to identify it. I could tell it wasn't a porpoise; but, other than that no idea. Looked like Chris Farley doing a belly buster. Fished everywhere from Piney Island to Patty's Island. A few thunderstorms and showers started popping up about 12 and we took off. All in all, a slow but good day. :thumbup:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

P.S. Rodbow,
Sorry the blue shirt was dirty. :-D
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Nice report! And very nice trout there. Thanks for the pix.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

Eerman, That's OK about the shirt. I guess it's proof that you need to dress like an English dude (sorry Cran) to catch good fish.

When the girls and I were out Monday around the roost, we had a sea turtle playing around us. The first couple of times we didn't know what is was and it left a BIG boil after it went under. Finally got a look at it - found out that it wasn't Jaws....

It must have scared all the fish off since we weren't catching much... or it could have been just the old t-shirt thing...
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Good Report Earman- Good to hear you and your Dad had some fun with the fish. :thumbup: Good pics too :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Good trip with your Dad, I like the blue shirt better, I'm sure you
would have caught more fish.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Some day I'm gonna fish over that way, just never seem to make it. :-D
Looks like yall had fun.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good report. :thumbup:
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

I'm sure you had a great day with your dad. Looks like you both were enjoying the day.I can see why you didnt tear'um up- look at the shirt you're wearing :-D