i gotta tell you flats fishing secret

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

billy mc daniel

i gotta tell you flats fishing secret

Post by billy mc daniel »

:lick:
hi guys
gotta tell you about a trout smashing top water plug?
i have been trout fishing on the flats for to many years,i have purchased almost any thing that will float, if it has bells then i bought, if it wound up i bought, even had one lure that if you jerked and paused it would wiggle, well wiggle and salt water dont mix,29.95, and i day fishing and no more wiggle.
i purchased from bass pro shop a new lure,9 to be exact, the top water lasser eye, with spinners at both ends, this is my passion, the right rod right reel push it a 1/4 mile down wind and hold on ? the first cast was unbeliveble the plug hit the water , i twitched, holly good god that fish hit so hard, i had to pull my shorts out of you know where? you need to remove the little ring at the front because it hinders the spinner, use 30 lb flora carb , pull the knot tight, now this will stay straight in front of the lure and will not bother the spinner because it will not kink or drop down to cause the spinner to not work, short little jerks and you get a swosh sound, good god hold on. :P
the plug is very durable works very well, i wish i could fish the flats around tallahassee this should be a killer there.
good fishing
billy-------billystix custom rods :P ps we caught trout unyil we got taredddd
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Billly. What size Lazer Eye and what color?
billy mc daniel

top water smashers

Post by billy mc daniel »

:lick:
hi
tide dancer i was beging to wonder if any one wanted to follow up on the top water action, the size and number in the bass pro catalog are as follows?--extreme twin prop #15-251-679-4 1/2 in #26-31-37-05-23-
these seem to be the best in our waters.
i have all colors have caught fish on all just like some colors more than others, hope you do as well as i have, let me know how you do when you try them .
billy
billystix custom rods
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Thanks Billy :lol: