Steinhatchee Report 9/20

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hand's Tied
Site Sponsor

Steinhatchee Report 9/20

Post by Hand's Tied »

Well, it loked like the weather might be kind, so we made the drive down from Atlanta to fish with Capt. Brian aboard the Just One More. As we left the dock, a little breeze was blowing, but nothing too bad. There were some swells from the South as expected, but we were ready to go find some grouper, and find them we did. By the end of the day, we had 14 nice grouper to 15 lbs in the box, along with a bunch of "crack" fish as I call 'em. You always need some of these to fill up the cracks between the big grouper. The seas laid down nicely, and the ride in was very nice, but later than expected because the Capt graciously assisted some guy who had inexplicably run out of gas 20 miles offshore in a $75,000 boat. I guess there was no money left to fill the tanks. A great time was had by all I would highly recommend this Capt. I have fished with quite a few captains before, and Brian was the hardest working captain I have fished with - a true fishing maniac! We had what I would consider a very good day in less than ideal conditions and a full moon. Combine that with a great personality, a lovely, helpful wife to take your reservation, and this is a class outfit. We have deifinitely found our captain for the Steinhatchee area.
Randy
Last edited by Hand's Tied on September 23rd, 2002, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hand's Tied

One of these days I'll get to move back to FL......
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

You fishd with the right person when you charted Capt Brian he really knows his stuff out out Steinhatchee......I know I will fish again with him sure did have a at time on his boat.......Can't be too soon or me :lol: :lol: