Console Revamp....

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Console Revamp....

Post by mjsigns »

I had been dying to go out last Saturday, but I trusted NOAA (Small craft advisory) and stayed home and decided to work on the boat. I remodeled the console on the boat. I removed the aluminum plate and the surface of the console must have had 50 holes where previous owners mounted everything from radios to depth finders, and anything els that could be mounted. I like to cut bait on the console and it gets funky and the instruments get in the way, and it just looked ugly all the time so I did something about it. I had gone to a garage sale Saturday morning and picked up a nice cutting board that footed the bill for the console. Trimmed and mounted the board worth stainless steel screws and remounted all the instruments with fresh stainless steel screws. Took my time and re-wired the light on the compass (It would have only lasted one more night trip) TC should appreciate this....

BEFORE..................

After.......................

Now I have the instruments where I want them, and plenty of room to cut bait or whatever.... (OK I am just plain proud of it... :-D )
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

It looks real good, MJ. But I can't believe you cut bait on your console :o
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I used them 1 $ utility scissors, and the guts and drippings made a stinky mess. Now I have more room and can use a knife if I want to, and not worry about the gelcoat...... :-D
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Nice job ! I need to do the same thing to mine and it aint but a year old....got so many holes looks like termites been in it ! I don't leave stuff mounted for long fore I got to change it !
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I got away really cheap on the material. Paid a whole fifty cents for the board (It had only been used twice). I had to measure and cut it with my circular saw. Preparation of the console involved removing all previous sealant and the metal plate from the console), and and the spread a heap of 35yr white silicone all over the surface. (Spreads easy with a scraper). IF I didn't cover the holes, they could be seen as small dark spots....

I can't wait to take her out again... even in the rain at night !!!!! :-D
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Cutting bait on the console :o Everybody's got there own style :D
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Looks good, not sure bout that cutting bait thing. :o
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sure looks better than what that idiot that had the boat before you had done to it.
What was I supposed to do today?