Hints on Fishing Carrabelle for NW Bash

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Hints on Fishing Carrabelle for NW Bash

Post by rx fisher »

I'll be fishing in the NW bash fishing tournament, Oct 18-19, looking forward to meeting many of you. I've never fished out of carrabelle before, as you've seen from earlier reports usually, St. Marks and Econfina.

Not looking to win, just add some fish to the pot at the end of the day.
I'll be fishing inshore in a 16 foot, any advise would be great.

Bye the way, if you caught my posts about smoking fish, I just got through smoking some delicious :lick: king fish, smoked in vapors of Tarragon.
I'm planning off shore charter next Wednesday, hopefully I,ll come back with more fish to smoke and share.
dewyafish

Post by dewyafish »

PECAN SMOKED CENTER CUT PORKCHOPS LAST NIGHT!!!
It's a small world, unless you had to paint it.
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Dewy,

you are the cook master, I'm grilling a pork loin as I type, but smoker is packed away. I'm going to try that PEE CAN wood soon.
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

RX, you inspired me. I picked up a cheap - er, inexpensive smoker last weekend and Sat. night I smoked some king that I marinated in Italian dressing (I know, but I was busy) while dolphin and shrimp cooked on the grill. The king was great but what was even better was the fish dip the leftovers made Sunday afternoon. Thanks again for the inspiration and I'll be trying more later. Now I just need to find a fruit tree to cut down :) .

Joel
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

rx fisher, since reading the "smoking" posts, I have been investigating the purchase of a small, but beautifully formed, smoker.

The occassional home smoked rainbow trout, perhaps a pigeon breast, possibly a sea bass fillet, Mmmmmmmm, you chaps may have started a few of us weaker souls, on the road to a serious addiction. :lol: :lol:

I would post again about the fishing info.
This thread will be hijacked by us "Addicts" :D
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Cran,

enjoy, looking forward to meeting all the Bloks at he Bash..