Rock Islands

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MAJMPS4

Rock Islands

Post by MAJMPS4 »

I haven't fished since mid-July due to building a house and football. PLanning on a trip for this Saturday going out of the Fenholloway and fish the Rock Island area. From April to early June had tremendous success in that area catching trout, reds and other tasty morsels of sea life. :lick: Any suggestions or comments on Rock Island fall fishing? Will leave at daylight, high tide around 5am low tide around 2 pm (.42). Will come in around 5 or otherwise how this fish do. :roll: Any comments greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!
U.S.
Army of ONE
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Area just west of Rock Island had a fairly decent trout bite Saturday AM in 3-5 ft. I struck out on redfish, though. Look for clear water and decent grass. My trout were decent , a limit 15.5 to 19.5, but much bigger trout were caught in the area. Caught one fish on topwater early, others came on electric chicken and candy corn SA under an equalizer. Hit the creeks on the rising tide for redfish and struck out. Got one hit on a gold spoon, but nothing else. Any ideas on where to go for the redfish?? My plan sure didn't work. I worked three different creeks.

ST99
MAJMPS4

Post by MAJMPS4 »

I usually catch most of my reds going east towards the fenholloway. Fish the rocks and around the oyster bars
U.S.
Army of ONE
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

MAJMPS4
Will probably see you down there. Will be coming from Icky-dang-feenee. Rock Island was very good in the Spring but hasn't produced lately for me. Itching to try it again though. ST99, you gonna be down there again this w/e?

tf
MAJMPS4

Post by MAJMPS4 »

I will be fishing out of a 19ft Carolina Skiff. If you run across, stop by and compare live wells. Or stories about should have beens!!!! :lol:
U.S.
Army of ONE
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

10/4. I'll be in a 19 ft. ProMaster cc, blue and white. Trout Fisher on ch. 16.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

TF,

Let's talk. I want to catch a red. I need advice from the Icky Feenee Expert.

ST99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Expert? :o Have you seen Keels' pic on the front page? You may need to talk to him. Give me a holler at the office sometime today. I'll be in and out but I'll return your call if you miss me.

800-958-2317

tf
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

TF
We have been missing seeing you down here.
Glad to hear you will be down this weekend.
We are going to the FL game Saturday but will be on the water Sunday
See ya there
Lots of Luck
pops
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

pops
Wish I could spend the weekend but it looks like just a Saturday trip IF we can squeeze it in. Have a good time at the game and I'll see you down there this Fall. You got a bulldawg on the side of that boat yet??? :P

tf
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

TF
No dawg yet,
Better not wait too long the fish is starting to bite
:D
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

Pops, what section you sit in? Sec. 17 here, we've got it made in the shade now.
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

RC
we sit in section F row 13, seats 30-31, South End Zone
We have been trying to get them to upgrade our tickets for some time now but no luck yet.
pops
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

MAJMPS4
Plans have changed a little. I'm still going but will be in a friend's boat. He's dying to run it so we'll be down there in a bass boat. It's a Bayliner dual console. Blue, white, gray, purple, pink.....you know the ones. Will probably start out at Rock Island and see how the bite is. No radio so if you think youi see us, just wave your arms and we'll come over. Hope to see you.

trout fisher
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

TF,

You want to borrow my handheld VHF? I can send it to Cairo with my wife if you want to go pick it up.

ST99