Replacement Prop Question

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Replacement Prop Question

Post by seatrout99 »

Changing the prop on my pontoon boat used for flats fishing. Boat has a 40 hp Evinrude with a three blade aluminum prop, 12 1/4 X 15 with RC stamped on it. Does the "RC" mean it is a "cupped" prop? It doesn't really looked cupped, but it is well worn. This is a 1989 motor and it still has the original prop on it. Do you need a "cupped" or "non-cupped" on a 20 ft Lowe Pontoon boat? The boat seems to be fairly heavy. Any advantage in "cupped" vs "non-cupped"? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Everyone seems to carry replacement aluminum props of the same size in both "cupped" and "non-cupped" for less than $100, so its just a matter of knowing which will push my barge better. Thanks.

ST99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Call Bellamy's in T'ville. He's got all the answers. :lol: 229-226-3267
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

My dad was calling him today. Dang, you're pretty smart there kid.

Did you have to rough up the bean counter??
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

He's gonna have to get back with me tomorrow. Says he can backdate it. I dunno. Doesn't look good. Guess the T-top will definitely have to wait.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Been there, done that, last year. The first time I had to write a check at the end of the year in a long time. :( That's why I don't have a new truck yet. :wink: That will change soon. And yesterday my dad was talking bigger boat - offshore instead of pontoon. I told him I'd go halves on a 19-22 footer.