Econfina 1/21

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Econfina 1/21

Post by Frank Bradfield »

We hit the water early Saturday morning. We hit " secret creek 1st thing.
Came out with 4 keeper trout & our 3 Redfish. Nice reds 22- 25". We worked the creek till the tide dropped from under the boat and we had to hang out for awhile. My buddies nephew walked around on the flats trying to snatch mullet. He did manage to get one. Once the water got back up we went farther east. We managed a couple of trout and threw back a few redfish. Back to "secret creek", manage a few more trout. Start heading back in, hit one more creek i like alot. Kinda quiet at the mouth, not a good sign. Get way back in there and finish out our limit which was about 7 more by then.. It took most of the day but the fish are still biting and we got some. The redfish seem to be really active early. Some creeks seemed dry of fish and a few seemed loaded. All & all we had a great trip. Limit of trout & redfish in late January is hard to beat !
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Sounds like a good time.... :thumbup: :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

What time was it when you had enough water to get out of "Secret Creek", Frank?

Sounds like y'all had a good day. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Seems like you always do good. :thumbup: I'm Gonna have to put a tracking device on that "Reel Tyme", so I can find that "Secret Creek". 8) :-D
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

We bottomed out in about 6" of water about 11:30 or so and got moving again about 1:00, worked in a little nap & some lunch, but the weather was just right and i love just sitting out there watching everything , its relaxing and better than tv or yardwork !
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Amen to the tv and yardwork! Good trip. :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good day :thumbup:
Jighead

water too low at econfina?

Post by Jighead »

jighead needs to know if there will be enough water at econfina to go fishing fri;sat and sun? can i get into any creeks? thanks' jighead
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: water too low at econfina?

Post by tin can »

Jighead wrote:jighead needs to know if there will be enough water at econfina to go fishing fri;sat and sun? can i get into any creeks? thanks' jighead
Go to http://www.wxtide32.com and download their tide software. That will give you a graphic representation of the tides. I usually need the water level to be at or near 1.5 to get my little boat in the creeks. You'll have enough water all 3 afternoons.
What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

WTG :thumbup: