another Econfina post

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

another Econfina post

Post by trout fisher »

Started out fishing beyond rack #2 in 11 ft. of water. First cast, trout in the boat! Candy corn gotcha curltail tipped with a piece of pinfish. We used that and the white with pink tail. Lectric chicken yielded little. I think I caught a short trout with it. Too grassy for plugs. Wound up with eight trout, a good mess of rock bass, and a blown up outboard. :( Fishin' buddy Michael took us shallow to try for a red and the alarm did not sound. He sucked it full of mud and vapor locked it. We were stranded for a few hours and finally got the store at Econfina by cell phone. Seatrout, I should have taken you up on that offer of the handheld vhf! My daddy, already cooking supper, had to come pull us in. But hey, it was a great day on the water.

Here's our view for the last 1 1/2 hrs. of the day.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Michael with two trophy trout.

The catch

Beautiful econfina sunset
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Glad to hear ya'll made it back ok. At least you caught plenty of fish. Where did ya'll get stranded??

ST99
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

TF,

Guess what I'm having for lunch? Leftover Econfina broiled Seatrout and Rock Bass from last night. :lick: :lick: My freezer is now officially empty of fish. Gotta catch something soon.

ST99
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Do you recognize the island in the background??? We were in the shallows fishing those bars behind it.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Damn, that's a long, slow ride. Glad I didn't go. :D