KAYAK FISHING ASSOCIATION

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

KAYAK FISHING ASSOCIATION

Post by Salt Life »

Sorry for being away from the forum for such a long while. That whole work thing so does get in the way. :roll:

Ok here it is. any one interested in getting a kayak fishing association together please let it be known here. I have been in touch w/ Tom Keels and have his permission to use the kayak part of the BigbendFishing.net for our web meeting place for the purpose of forming a kayak fishing club.

I would like the association to be a place where fellow fishing kayakers can get together for monthly meetings & social get togethers, rigging parties, organize local fishing trips, put together away fishing trips and fishing tournament's. How big and how organized we get is up to us, just look at Jacksonville.
Just let me know and I'll put together the names we will get together and start this thing!
Last edited by Salt Life on February 12th, 2006, 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Billy Miller

Post by Billy Miller »

Count me in for anything, I'm all for it.
Billy
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I'm a chairperson of TKAA in Virginia, and if you guys need an advice on forming a club feel free to contact me. When I'm back in the Tallahassee area I look forward to fishing with you guys. Being ina club is like taking a crash course on fishing if you have some knowledgable members that are willing to share their knowldege. Feel free to stop by our site at http://www.tkaa.org if you want. We talk about a lot of diffent issues on our forums.
DuctTapeKing

Post by DuctTapeKing »

Count me in. Although I have been borrowing a friends kayak every so often I want to get one of my own. I am a tallahassee native and know many areas accessable by kayak. Please send me an E-mail and let me know what I need to do to help. Also if anyone knows of a used Kayak for sale let me know.
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

Count me in. :lol: This sounds like fun
trotdaddy

Post by trotdaddy »

Just say when, the soonest I can be on the water is now.
Barry Trotman
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Much thanks to Yakattack for initiating this. Count me in. Perhaps an effort to meet each other could begin at the social? If we picked a symbol or something to add to our name tags we could all find each other.
:thumbup:
trotdaddy

Post by trotdaddy »

What is the social?- sorry I'm new to this
Barry Trotman
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

WTG Alex--add me to the list.
Dick
Salt Life

Post by Salt Life »

trotdaddy look in the " off topic " threads for info on the social.

Feb 25th Sopchoppy

Jeff, great PM this is what I'm talking about. How bout a tel. #

Duck tape, Barry & knee knocker - can you all send me some info so I can get ahold of you .

I think the social will be the perfect setting for an open air discussion.
Lets feel this thing out and see what happens.

I will be there. Who else will attend the social ?
Salt Life

Post by Salt Life »

Jeff, I missed the "symbol" thing great idea ! :D
Any one know how we can do this ?
Maybe make our own? I know JD over there at EYE CATCHERS signs on Tenn. I'm sure he would make something up for us . He would be a great sponsor. I know he would . Any other Ideas? :hammer:
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Social

Post by Apalach »

Alex,
I attended the Social last year and it was a blast. Unfortunately, I can't make it this year, as I will be involved in the GAFFE II (or CAR-GAFFE I) and KFS extravaganza at Mosquito Lagoon, just north of Cape Canaveral, from 24-26 Feb. We have folks coming from as far north as North Carolina and as far south as Miami and the Everglades for this one. Should be great!

Littoral

Post by Littoral »

GAFFE II sounds like a very cool thing.
Are ya'll going to actually paddle the kayaks or just park them in a parking lot and talk about how tricked out they are?
DM, just having fun, but knee or no knee, it is true that I am still looking for your fishing reports.

As to a symbol, -we could find each other with a sticker or a sharpie symbol on our name tag. Our tags say our on-line name and our real name, we can just add something.
simplify,
Salt Life

Post by Salt Life »

Dick, Thats right I forgot.
I was scheduled to pick up my new FnD yesterday but had too good of a time in Atl. they got it I just dont have what it takes to get it.
TWO WEEKS :smt013
Have a blast man I fished that area extensivly . If I had a Yak and knew about the trip I would be going w/ you for sure !
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Alex,
Let me know when your yak attacks, and is finally in place--we will have to schedule another trip to celebrate the new arrival! Maybe the weather will be in a more cooperative mood by then. :-D
Best,
Dick