Great report from Keaton!!! (3/3/05)

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

Great report from Keaton!!! (3/3/05)

Post by slayer »

Got a call from my friend Kevin Badgett yesterday about 5:30pm....he was on his way into Perry for dinner at "Dill's".......he slap wore them out yesterday......said him and his 2 sons had their limits of trout before 10:30am ...he said most were between 17" and 21".....he said the incoming was outstanding and then things slowed at high tide, but as soon as the tide changed the bite was on again.....he said all were caught with cajun thunders with bass assasin eels......they used leaders from 12" to 48" long.....he stated that after the tide changed he was in an area that had almost 5 acres of glass minnows!!!!!!!!!....

he also said they were catching some of the biggest sand trout that he had ever seen!!!!! some of them to 16" and 17" long!!!!

he said the radio chatter was saying that few fish were being caught....he swears that they must have caught over 130 trout with very few being "dinks".....he said that he caught 26 trout on 26 casts...and that they were doubling up often......

he has 2 or 3 more days there before coming back to Griffin Ga.......He's staying at the motel at Keaton.....he will be in his 23' Ranger...the name of the boat is "Smells like Fish"......

if ya run into him....tell him Slayer said hey!!!!!!
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: We caught a few at at Keaton yesterday also, but not near that many. Did you fish left or right after leaving the pole line?
We fished left. We saw some minnows too and got 2 big sand trout.
Yours in the South
slayer

Post by slayer »

according to him it was left of the last pole.....he said he stayed in the same place (give or take a 1/2 mile all day.....said he had only one boat near him all day.....and it pulled pretty cloce to his drift.....so he fired up the engine and moved about 1/4 mile and went back to jerking trout.....
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Sounnds sweet!!
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Very good :thumbup: