Aucillia 03/18/2006

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Aucillia 03/18/2006

Post by mjsigns »

Since I wanted to get there while the water was still high, I left the house a little after 0330. On the way down I spotted 6 deer. Spotted 3 on 267, and another 3 larger deer on 98, 5 miles past the St. Marks refuge entrance. I was the first person to the ramp. Put the boat in the water at 0500. It was still dark, but the moon shone brightly in the sky, brightly enough to light my way to the gulf. What a time to find out that your running lights didn’t work, oh well…Water temp in the river was 64.5. Got to Gamble point and headed west. Found a spot around an oyster bar where the water temp was 66.7. I anchored down and started working on rigging the poles since it was still pretty dark. NOAA was wrong again, winds were out of the NNE at 15-20 and it was COLD. I huddled down behind the console and put on my rain gear to break the wind and retain some body heat. With both the poles rigged and started my first drift. Jig under a CT. Immediately started picking up shorts. Wearing my new “Tilleyâ€
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Left the house at 3:30??? That's hardcore!
As usual, great pics MJ, and WTG on those trout.
Any #'s for that new rock you found?
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Did you put in at the LH? I thought the gate was closed til 0600.

Though day on the water. I'll post mine later.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
pennfish

Post by pennfish »

MJ, my day was exactily like yours, except we fished from cobb rock to rock island. Gotta lot FISHING in :thumbup: :D
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

That's a long day of fishing MJ. Great pics. :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Nolefly said..
That's a long day of fishing MJ. Great pics
Thanks, as much as it cost me to get there and back (fuel), I figured I'll just spend the whole day. Wifee had taken the young-uns to GA for a few days and left me alone.

pennfish said..
MJ, my day was exactly like yours, except we fished from cobb rock to rock island. Gotta lot FISHING in..
My GPS tracks showed that I circled Cobb rocks area, went 5.5 miles west of gamble point, and also fished 2.8 miles east of Gamble point. 31.4 miles, 11hours and 16 minutes. It was a long day. What I didn't say is that I took a nap between 1238 and 1345. I was sacked out in my comfortable camping chair on the forward hold, feet propped up on the rail, Tilley pulled down over my eyes, even had a dream. Woke up when I heard a boat engine crank-up nearby.

AJ said...
Did you put in at the LH? I thought the gate was closed til 0600
Nope...Put in at the Ramp at Aucillia River..It is also located in the St, Marks Wildlife Refuge (N30 06.991 W83 58.782), but not near the St. Marks River.

Rocket...
Any #'s for that new rock you found?
It is near N30 05.042 W84 03.358, it is also a well known obstruction .8 miles 292 degrees from cobb rock.... I was not paying attention to the GPS when I should have been. I was trying to hurry back to the spot where I caught the fish earlier... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

MJ[/quote]
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.