Econfina Offshore 4-22

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Econfina Offshore 4-22

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Well, I guess late better than never, but anyway, Wife and I went back out in 30 ft of water out of econfina, and we found the Grouper again, along with some new friends.... BIG spanish macks !

Once again, the water was beautiful, clear as a bell. We left out at 9 am because that was when we had enough water in the river to leave, and had to be back in by 4 pm, but it was worth it. We trolled in about a 1 mile circle around a hole I found, and wound up with 3 keeper gag grouper, one going 30 inches, and one spanish mack, at around 24 inches. I would have thrown him back, but the treble hook cut him up and so I just ate him sat nite.. :lol: . By the way, grilled mack is GOOD!
The spanish were all over my silver and blue stretch 25, so we changed it out cuz I wanted some grouper in the freezer.

I got pics, but the little camera has a few shots left, so I will post them later....

Anyway, we never got back in to do a little trout fishin, as the grouper were biting good and a short tide day.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, "Da grouper is BACK!!!"

Hooked :-D

ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Dubble Trubble on April 27th, 2006, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Sounds like all the stars were lined up just right for you. Good job and congratulations on a fine day :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

good dill :thumbup:
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Good deal, just stay off my spots... :-D , the forcast has blown me out for this weekend..oh well maybe next weekend !
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Frank Bradfield wrote:Good deal, just stay off my spots... :-D , the forcast has blown me out for this weekend..oh well maybe next weekend !
I don't think it was your spot, cuz I did not see any "X" mark on the water... :smt009

Hooked
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Nice :thumbup:
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

You make it sound easy. Nice report and thanks for the pics. 8)
Sea Ya !
Knot Tester

Post by Knot Tester »

What numbers were you at so we can verify that you are not on anybodys spots?
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Well that turf paint i used must have not held up good as i thought, oh well ! :-D
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Yeah, It held up good, I just found your marked spot.... :smt005

Hooked :o
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

:smt042