Econfina Sunday

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Welby
Site Sponsor

Econfina Sunday

Post by Welby »

Got up at 4AM. Wanted to be the 1st one at Econfina...Well, I was. Thought I might try some early morning top water action....NOT. Wind was blowing like crazy. I almost turned around and went home. Then I decided to give it a try and if it got worse I could leave. It actually got better and better. Fished hard and finally got my limit.
Sizes : 20. 19.5, 18.5, 16, and a 15.1 (but he was legal). Any other day the last one may have went back, but after the effort I gave it he had to go in the box. Went by myself today. Every now and then I like a solo trip. Good for the soul. I spoke to "Hit and Miss" on the radio and it sounded like they were working as hard as I was to try and land a keeper. By the time I left the water was great. Didn't want to leave but I had grass to finish back at the house. I may give it another try next weekend...
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Dang wind has been killer this year, but you still caught all they'll let ya have. :thumbup:
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Your killin' me, you got your limit, you must have stayed a good bit longer. The water was beautifull when I left. :smt011 We packed it in with only three trout at 1:00. Sounds like I need some GULP lures. :smt013 I heard someone talk to Blindhog, I wonder if he did well. :-D
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

We also went to anky sunday around 7:30 am, got out and caught a few short trout and one keeper, then around 10 went out to grouper hole. Boy what a waste of time, nothing this week. And as for NOAA 5 to 10 knot winds, what a joke. More like gale force(LOL). Anyway around 12:30, came back inshore from being beat to death, and worked for a few more trout, but it was not to be, One spanish that cut line, then a decent size bluefish. What we did catch was with a natural color gulp shrimp. Loaded up at 2:30 to beat the low tide and headed home.

BUT, a nice day on the water with the wife.

Oh yeah, I meant to say, she caught the keeper

Hooked :o
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Hey hit n miss,
I tried to holler at you when I got #5 but you must have already left. Good talking with you on the water.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby wrote:Hey hit n miss,
I tried to holler at you when I got #5 but you must have already left. Good talking with you on the water.
I try every time to hail members. I think it helps a lot for everyone to maybe get a few. :thumbup: Instead of you experimenting by yourself someone else may have hit the magic bait for the day.(and be willing to share) Holler at me next time Welby, if I'm there I'll answer. It's almost always sunday's that I can go. :-D Your a true fisherman to go solo. And outfish a boat with three people in it. :o
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

I was there as well, and fished from Rock island to just east of the Aucilla. It was a slow day for us as well. I finally found a place loaded with fish, and my trolling motor gave up the ghost. As I couldn't fish this particular place very well without one, I had to leave'em there till next time. We ended up with four over 17" to take home and threw back a few shorter keepers, and a few shorts. It was slow fishing, but the prettiest day that I have fished in a while.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

:thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice solo trip! Nice going in that rough water. :smt004 If I went out by myself and did that good, my wife would never believe me. She'd think I bought 'em or begged 'em off somebody else. :roll:
Yours in the South