Russian Attack Sub in the Gulf...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Russian Attack Sub in the Gulf...

Post by ugadawg »

RHTFISH wrote:
Now when I'm at Anky I'll have another concern besides some unbridled Taylor county ruffians.....the damn Russians on the flats! :o

I say let them come on up into these waters. The rocks will get them within an hour!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Putin is laughing at our Golfer in Chief! Lord help us if we don't help him out of that job in November!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

MudDucker wrote:Putin is laughing at our Golfer in Chief! Lord help us if we don't help him out of that job in November!
Russia's submarine force is mainly "mothballed" -- has been since the end of the cold war!!!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

charlie tuna wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Putin is laughing at our Golfer in Chief! Lord help us if we don't help him out of that job in November!
Russia's submarine force is mainly "mothballed" -- has been since the end of the cold war!!!
And how would you know this? There is obviously some that are not in mothballs and after having toured several of our boomers, I can tell you, it doesn't take many boomers and attack subs to make a real threat!
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Welcome to the real world!! Thats why we have less subs. You can only kill someone once!! Russia has a place where they mothballed their nuke subs for two reasons, they are obsolete and "Too Hot" and they are not needed as a deterent. "Too Hot" meaning they are basically "RADIOACTIVE". Russia, like the United States, has enough missile carrying submarines to retaliate against a nuclear attack. It is part of the cold war agreements. During the Cold War Russia was not concerned with "radioactive sheilding" in the construction of their missile submarine fleet. Sometimes their crews would get sick from over exposure and they would change crews at sea!! Over the life spane of the sub, the entire ship would be unsafe to use, so they mothballed them...........
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY CHARLIE TUNA, THIS IS THE FIRST I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THE RUSSIAN SUB FLEET, I GUESS IF THEY ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE PERSONEL THEY COULD REACTIVATE THOSE CONTAMINATED SUBS. I THOUGHT THEY WERE ALL STILL ACTIVE AS ARE OURS. I WAS INVITED TO GO TO THE ST. MARY'S SUB BASE A FEW YEARS BACK, THE SECURITY AT THAT PLACE IS UNMATCHED. I JUST NOTICE THAT SOME PARACHUTEIST GOT BLOW ONTO THE ST. MARY'S SITE AND CAME CLOSE TO GETTING SHOT. THE PEOPLE THAT MAN OUR N.SUBS ARE ALL FIRST CLASS AND THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THAT IS ONE JOB I WOULD NOT DO, IN ANY SUB. , I COULD NOT STAND BEING CONFINED IS SUCH A SMALL SPACE FOR MONTHS ON END.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Russia was behind when the Cold War started. They sacrificed anything to catch up, and knew our subs, with only a 2000 mile range missiles, were off their coasts! Shielding at the time was either very heavy (lead) or very bulky (poly), neither one worked well in submarine design. So they did without! Thousands of their submariners died from radiation poisoning. Another very important design was "noise dampening". The Russians didn't have time to design build this into their fleet. They made so much noise, they couldn't hear our subs close by, and that was scary because they could run into you!!! The Russians caught up to our fleet in numbers of deployed missiles at a great sacrifice and only at the beginning of the cold war. A single U.S. Sub in the mid sixties carried 16 missiles. That same sub today would carry 192 missiles with more programable warheads than the early missiles and have a longer range. The U.S. doesn't mothball nukes, they are scrapped and properly disposed of. Russia parked their's and saved money, but created a big radioactive pile of steel.
PS: Marines do good at submarines, we landed a group of them into Cuba before the Bay of Pigs mess to scout out the island.
JCC

Post by JCC »

It's election season. With that comes propaganda. Was the sub there or not? Who knows. There is plenty of International waterspace in the Gulf. There are US territorial waters and then International waters. There is no such term as "US strategic waters." How do the unidentifed sources know there was an undetected sub. Who says it was undetected. If it was there, maybe we were well aware of it. That's not the type of thing we'd put on Headline News. I doubt the sub left the gulf and then wagged its finger at us to all of a sudden become detected. And if it was there, so what. A sub can stay south of Cuba and still hit Chicago, DC, etc. They don't have to be at O tower. The next 80 days are going to be filled with stuff like this, true or not--we'll never know.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

U.S. Missile Submarines, as well as Russian Missile Submarines have something in common they are to travel "UNDETECTED" --- meaning that they could be seen, but they better NEVER be "IDENTIFIED". That will cost the Skipper his career in a heartbeat!! Over the years many careers were ending in this fashion. It usually happens as "an accident" more than anything else. Like a British aircraft over "open waters" on a training mission filmed a submarine broach in heavy seas, when close to the surface. They caught it on film, then identified the sub to be the USSB(N) George Washington due to something deferent from other ships in it's class on the superstructure. This information was sent to the Navy, and that captain was releaved of duty as soon as they arrived back home. Now none missile carrying subs can care less if they are seen, so this sub could be anybody's???? Today's weapon systems allow missiles to hit any spot on the earth since they go into the earth's orbit, then return to hit their designated target, or within "three feet" of that target!!
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

I saw a sub breach in Mexico Beach this weekend but then realized it was just a UGA girl coming in from a swim. I kid, I kid!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-classifies- ... ntroversy/

Maybe they are going sub hunting.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Hey Bay Gator, You knew better than to say a Seminole Girl?????
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

BayGator wrote:I saw a sub breach in Mexico Beach this weekend but then realized it was just a UGA girl coming in from a swim. I kid, I kid!!
Well, we know it wasn't a Florida girl or you would be shocked at the cow swimming! :smt005 :smt005