Beavertail Micro 16 on order!

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Beavertail Micro 16 on order!

Post by Gulf Coast »

Yes, looking good !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Capt Ron

Post by Capt Ron »

Looks great Dave!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Last batch of build photos. The next ones will be the completed skiff, hooked up behind my truck!
IMG_4190.JPG
IMG_4191.JPG
IMG_4192.JPG
IMG_4193.JPG
IMG_4194.JPG
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Wadey
Site Sponsor

Post by Wadey »

Nice, Very Nice!
http://www.lureanglers.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See the Light.......ULTRA LIGHT
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Took delivery today and made history as Beavertail became the first boat company to actually finish the boat on the date promised. Absolutely fantastic experience dealing with Liz and Will. They are super people and very customer-oriented.

I didn't do flowers and champagne as my wife jokingly suggested, but the new mistress is tucked safely in her new apartment. I'll spend the next couple days fine-tuning everything and getting her legal. With the cold front may end up running around the river to break the engine in, but I plan to fish as much as possible before the end of the year. Very excited and happy to be a new Beavertail owner.
IMG_3968.jpg
IMG_3969.jpg
IMG_3970.jpg
IMG_3971.jpg
IMG_3972.jpg
IMG_3973.jpg
IMG_3976.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Very nice! I had a 17T years ago and it took all I had to stay on the poling platform…I imagine it must be even harder on a skinnier bote! :-D
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Hey, If your in da hood, stop in and lets see this baby....just ask for me , I'll be around :thumbup: :thumbup:
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Congrats on getting your new envy-inducing toy, Dave. Glad it finally all came together for you.

I plan to do a similar forum series infomercial on my recent order...

A 10 foot Slipstream Watercraft Kevlar canoe, custom built in upstate New York. It weighs - get ready - EIGHT POUNDS! Expensive, but I don't hafta buy a trailer. It will be shipped in time for the first 2016 NFGFC tourney. This baby should get me into the few creeks I have not been able to drag my heavier kayaks into, as I can easily carry it on my back.

See you on the skinny water!
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Nice boat! You are going to need to do some research on how well it poles in the super skinny water, sight casting for reds. I am available as a research assistant for such duties...just sayin.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Really excited about the new ride. I'll be able to pole this one with one hand tied behind my back. :wink:

Doesn't look like Mother Nature is going to let me play today. Taking care of paperwork and other necessities so I can get her slimy asap.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

After getting the skiff registered, protected with AwlCare and breaking in the E-TEC, I fished it as much as weather would allow over the holiday break. Christened it with a topwater trout, red and black sea bass for a quasi inshore slam. Took the wife's boss out the next day and we scored 15 trout and a couple more BSB.

The more I run this boat the more impressed I am. It floats in spit (literally 5 inches by myself with 3/4 fuel and cooler full), poles like a dart, is whisper quiet and absolutely bone dry. I was running in a two-foot chop Saturday into a NE 15-knot wind. Tabbed the bow down and zipped through without a drop of spray. My insurance is one-quarter of what it used to be and I'm topping off the tank for about $6 of no-corn gas. I've got all kinds of extra room in the boat shed and I'm finally mastering backing this micro trailer vs. the former dual axle behemoth.

Couldn't be happier with the performance and my overall Beavertail experience.

Making plans for a camping trip to Flamingo in late February to really put her to the test. In the meantime I'll continue harassing the trout and reds while counting the days until tarpon season.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

That should be just the ticket for those low tide "dry" flats at Snake Bight channel...
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Exactly. Or poking around in the back sloughs of Hells Bay. :wink:
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

The real wet test will be the run to Eastcape from the marina . I was there in October,found an over abundance of sharks and jacks, good luck.