THE NEW GULP!!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I bought a bag of SLURP shrimps...I'm gonna try the soaking trick next trip.

But today even dynamite wouldn't have worked.. :-? :oops:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

I have soaked Slurp for the last two trips and they worked. The two trips before I got wore out by my friends on my boat fishin with Gulp. The SWA has much better action. Also for the reds try those slurps on a thunderspin. Works real good!!!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I caught all of my Trout this weekend on white Riptide 5" Glow Gulf Chub. No smelly or anyting using the Tye Smith Special on a 3/0 Gamagatsu hook.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Water must have been clear, glow is my goto color when its gin clear. For some reason its much better than pearl or at least it seems to be.
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

jsuber wrote:I caught all of my Trout this weekend on white Riptide 5" Glow Gulf Chub. No smelly or anyting using the Tye Smith Special on a 3/0 Gamagatsu hook.
We need to start promoting the new Tye Smith Fishing DVD. I'd buy a couple.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Thats a good rig. I'm sending it to Ripotide to show on their website.
Derfish

Post by Derfish »

I agree with JT, I get much more baitfish action on a Gulp than with other soft baits, and that is likely the attraction to the predators. I wonder how many pinfish I have sent to their grave chasing my Gulp? The question remains however, "Is it worth the expense?"
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

I used em all this weekend (gulp, slurp, exude, assassin, top water, etc..). Though I didn't kill them this weekend, my most sucessful artificial was the Catch 2000, which up til now I don't think I gave a decent chance.
"Plan for the worst."
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Ron, the catch 2000 is a great bait. You just have to remember to slow down when you use it. We used to kill the trout with at Keaton in January/February with a red/white catch 2000.

In fact I believe Reel Slow caught our best trout on a catch 2000 Saturday.
GULP! free since 1970.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

birddog wrote:Ron, the catch 2000 is a great bait. You just have to remember to slow down when you use it. We used to kill the trout with at Keaton in January/February with a red/white catch 2000.
:thumbup: Yes Sir, I'm with you. I'll be using it more in the future.
"Plan for the worst."
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

birddog wrote:Ron, the catch 2000 is a great bait. You just have to remember to slow down when you use it. We used to kill the trout with at Keaton in January/February with a red/white catch 2000.
Yes Sir :thumbup: . I'm with you on this. I'll be using it more in the future.
"Plan for the worst."
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

on the catcg 2000 , do you fish it walk the dog , or drag reel drag?? Ive fished them , slow, kind of like a tiny torpedo in fresh water, with very little success. I know the spanish will kill em though.

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

BB it suspends around 15 " under the water. Most folks use a twitch retreive. Similar to walking the dog but underwater and very slow.
GULP! free since 1970.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

birddog wrote:BB it suspends around 15 " under the water. Most folks use a twitch retreive. Similar to walking the dog but underwater and very slow.
:thumbup:

I've been having preety decent results with the Gold Catch 2000. I've got a couple of other colors ordered from Cairo Trout that look like they might work.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
devans850
Site Sponsor

Post by devans850 »

Well everyone has their own opinions on what baits work and which ones don't. Right now GULP is the hot thing going and in a retail world you gotta have them. I still use the zoom fluke and have caught a lot of fish on those. FISH BITES, that was a good thing and they are back going strong for those folks wanting to tips jigs or even trailers. I like some of the gulp colors better than some of the other brands. For the die hard gulp fans, Gulp just came out with GULP ALIVE. You will be able to buy gulp shrimp in pint and quart jars. They say if the shrimp dries up, just put it back in the jar and it will go back to 97% of it's original size. That will be available by the end of this month. I think all you need is some soft jerks baits and a Capt. Mikes Spoon to catch just about everything out there :-D
JUST SHUT UP AND FISH!