Guess Ill just gripe a while!!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Mook! wrote:

:hammer: :smt006
If I see someone wearing that hat...
I'll give him a wide berth! :smt005
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I always honk the horn twice, and go left if I can. I think if you are gonna go right, you just honk once, but either side, at least he knows you are coming.

One note: If I remember correctly, he is supposed to honk back, but I really do not think that will ever happen around here... :roll:

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

Dubble Trubble wrote:I always honk the horn twice, and go left if I can. I think if you are gonna go right, you just honk once, but either side, at least he knows you are coming.

One note: If I remember correctly, he is supposed to honk back, but I really do not think that will ever happen around here... :roll:

Dubble :thumbup:
Dubble you're exactly right - they are legally required to honk back (or blow whistle or use whatever legally required 'noise making device' - which is why FWC checks to see if you have one), and as to whether you go left or right is up to you, and should be decided based on safety and reasonable and prudent operation etc, with consideration for the passee, the passer and anyone else on the water.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

Jumptrout51 wrote:BarHopr,you are right up to a point. You can always do what I did last week. That is, see the big sucker [redfish]coming after your bait and reel real fast to get it away from him . That way you don't lose as much time hunting the more elusive more difficult to land species known as Spotted Seatrout.
Are the Spotted Seatrout in front of the lighthouse that everyone catches while drifting with popping corks and live shrimp considered one of those "more elusive more difficult to land species?" :-?

I wish it was that "difficult" to catch redfish. :beer:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

reel therapy wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:BarHopr,you are right up to a point. You can always do what I did last week. That is, see the big sucker [redfish]coming after your bait and reel real fast to get it away from him . That way you don't lose as much time hunting the more elusive more difficult to land species known as Spotted Seatrout.
Are the Spotted Seatrout in front of the lighthouse that everyone catches while drifting with popping corks and live shrimp considered one of those "more elusive more difficult to land species?" :-?

The inference here is on quality trout. Not the ones' you usually catch.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Mook!
Site Sponsor

Post by Mook! »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
reel therapy wrote:

The inference here is on quality trout. Not the ones' you usually catch.
By quality trout, do you mean 18-27 inches with black spots and goldish reddish hue?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Re: Guess Ill just gripe a while!!

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Here you go Yellow dog. Heres the post!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

what is rule #9

Hell what is #7 and #8
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Tidedancer wrote:what is rule #9

Hell what is #7 and #8
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/rotr_online.htm

Nathan
yellow dog

Post by yellow dog »

thanks bb
the road goes on forever and the party never ends
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

If I can safely slow down, I do. If they are in a narrow shallow channel which endangers my boat should I come off of plane, I do not. Anyone who anchors down in a navigable channel is reckless in my opinion. Having said this, I have been reckless on a couple of occasions when the fish were holding in the channel. I did not expect boats to slow down for me. I had a coast guard boat come way too close in a wide channel at Steinhatchee. I did discuss with those two young men the view they were having with their heads stuck so far up their rear ends. :smt011
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!