Team seatrout 3/16 St. Marks/Aucilla

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ty one on

Re: Team seatrout 3/16 St. Marks/Aucilla

Post by Ty one on »

I feel your pain CK, I have been down that road before (BassTracker). Fact is if needed you can repair a fiberglass boat. When a metal boat develops a leak the repair is only temporary and begins a chain reaction to more leaks.

Has anyone ever seen a crabber in a metal boat?
Last edited by Ty one on on March 18th, 2008, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Know what you mean bout the welds splitting Eric , mine has been welded in 5 places :thumbdown: although it's a 98 model it has been put through some extreme conditions. Word of advice keep a roll of duct tape handy :thumbup: it works purdy good on split welds. Congrats on theTeam Seatrout showing an we'll see ya in Keaton. :smt006
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Good job guys.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

Nice mess of fish. Congrats.
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Ty one on wrote:I feel your pain CK, I have been down that road before (BassTracker). Fact is if needed you can repair a fiberglass boat. When a metal boat develops a leak the repair is only temporary and begins a chain reaction to more leaks.

Has anyone ever seen a crabber in a metal boat?
NO,NO,NO,
:roll: They can't stand up to the abuse,those G3's are great looking boats and I was looking at getting one to gig flounder and trout fish out of untill I started hearing about all the problems.Going to stick with fiberglass,maybe a 16' DXL C Ckiff.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin 1759