FSU Fishing Club's 6th Annual Spring Tournament - April 4th

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: FSU Fishing Club's 6th Annual Spring Tournament - April 4th

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Tom Keels wrote:We have very reasonable advertising rates.
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 ..... :smt106
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

15-12-16 :smt005 :smt005

Calling someone a UF Grad and then can not put together a sequential number string - Priceless

Hope your not the weigh master :smt005 :smt005
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Tool!
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

FSUfishingClub wrote:Okay, I didn't realize the Big Bend Forums was filled with UF grads.........
12) Will we search your boat? Of course, and we'll probably commodore any unopened beers we find on board.
:thumbdown: com⋅mo⋅dore
   /ˈkɒməˌdɔr, -ˌdoʊr/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kom-uh-dawr, -dohr]

1. Navy. a grade of flag officer next in rank below a rear admiral.
2. British Navy. an officer in temporary command of a squadron, sometimes over a captain on the same ship.
3. Navy. the senior captain when two or more ships of war are cruising in company.
4. (in the U.S. Navy and Merchant Marine) the officer in command of a convoy.
5. the senior captain of a line of merchant vessels.
6. the president or head of a yacht club or boat club.

:thumbup: com⋅man⋅deer
   /ˌkɒmənˈdɪər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kom-uhn-deer]
–verb (used with object)
1. to order or force into active military service.
2. to seize (private property) for military or other public use: The police officer commandeered a taxi and took off after the getaway car.
3. to seize arbitrarily.
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

FSUfishingClub wrote:Okay, I didn't realize the Big Bend Forums was filled with UF grads, but I'll break it down into simple enough terms that even a Miami graduate could understand...

1) The FSU Fishing Club's Spring Tournament is April 4, 2009.
2) It is being hosted by Jerry's Bait & Tackle.
3) Yes, the NFGFC scheduled their tournament for the same day.
4) No, we did not know there would be two tournaments there that day...ask me why...
5) Because when we called in mid January and requested that date Jerry's said they had no other reservations...and...
6) And when we went to Jerry's a couple weeks ago and asked about the April 4th date of the NFGFC tournament they had no idea what we were talking about.
7) So, sorry about the two-tournaments-on-the-same-day-thing...again.
8 ) We don't care how many tournaments you weigh your fish at. We want to fish and have an excuse to drink beer and fry fish (like it is really necessary).
9) That means it is okay with us if you enter both tournaments; I don't know, or care, how the NFGFC feels about this.
10) The FSU Fishing Club Tourneys have operated under the same rules since 2004. Start at sunrise; be at Jerry's at 4. If you can't handle that, fish at UF.
11) We allow one fish to be weighed in per angler and three fish per boat. It is that simple. You can keep whatever is legal.
12) Will we search your boat? Of course, and we'll probably commodore any unopened beers we find on board.
13) Seriously, each registered angler gets to weigh in one fish, whatever category it falls into.
14) Don't put 23 fishermen on your boat, because we'll only let 3 weigh fish.
15) Don't put any other number of fishermen on your boat, because we'll only let 3 weigh fish.
12) Don't lie about it. We will find you, and the consequences will be dire. Seriously. Chum in your wife's/girlfrined's $@&!%. Don't ask how...we'll find it.
16) Who the heck ever mentioned a slam? Read the rules, heaviest gamefish that is not a trout or a red wins the jackpot-- as long as you paid the extra $10.

Thank you for your patience. If you STILL have questions, please call me at 561-315-4849, or email me at fsufishing@gmail.com. I don't have time to monitor the forums, but I'll be happy to draw some crayon pictures to explain it to you.

Oh, and as much as nobody likes a smartass, nobody likes someone who thinks their smart enough to call someone an ass.

Good luck. We’ll see you at the scale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBPWxtuB ... re=related
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

I'll still be fishing to Take your money just like I did in the fall........
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Based upon the response from the representative for the FSU Fishing Club and their tournament on here, I will not be participating. Your "guidelines" were vague to a few of us here on the board and wanted nothing more than conversed clarification. Working on post-grad work at FSU right now, I was intrigued to see a fishing club. Now? Not so much.

And as for the FSU v UF or just UF grads, take a look at your spelling and grammatical errors: Number list, homophones, etc.

Good luck in your tournament.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
FSUfishingClub

Post by FSUfishingClub »

Whoa.

I've either got to quit drinking or quit posting on different fourms after too much time at the bar...

Please accept my sincere apology for offending pretty much everyone, and don't consider that a representation of the entire club. I will glady and politely answer any questions anyone has about the tournament.