Gas Tank Removal

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Gas Tank Removal

Post by Reel Cowboy »

How about this, you got a pushpole so use it (alot).
Seriously, I hate to hear about the issue but the "removal" style tanks would be a pretty good way of either gettong around it or until you can gather some change to fix the built in tank.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Spoke with a guy at Lake and Bay boats. He seems to think that although it will increase my bow weight it should work just fine in the storage compartment. Only gotta pay for a tank and some minor fiberglass work. Thought about he portable tanks however I tend to run long distances and 12 gallons wouldn't get me too far. I will keep everyone updated.... hopefully this is something you never have to deal with... what a pain the in arse! :smt011 :roll:
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

flatpicker wrote:Captkeyser, Another solution would be to do the work yourself. I have been restoring my boat for last year (it could've been done in a few months), and have enjoyed every minute of it .

I agree my boat is a ongoing project and I have enjoyed every frustrating second of it..and saved a BOAT LOAD of money lol.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
grasshopper

Post by grasshopper »

Sorry for your luck, sounds like the new tank in a different location is your best and most economical solution.

Just so you'll know BOAT translated = Break Out Another Thousand.
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but you would have some recourse if there was a manufacturer defect. I guess it depends on how old the boat is and when the problem started.

If you need any legal advice, PM Atticus, I'm sure he needs some pro bono work. :-D
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Barhopr wrote:This post got me thinking. Someone needs to come up with a collapsable bladder to fit inside tanks. That way you would not have to pull out the old tanks. They do it on water wells and they will take high preasure as well. Send me my royalty check when it hits the market
Danged if we don't think alike. There are bladders available, however, I would be worried about chaffing in the long run though.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!