Monster wake

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Re: Monster wake

Post by big bend gyrene »

Guessing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc[/video]

And hate to say it, but not helping the credibility factor by asking someone that goes by "TheBeerGuy" to chime in... :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Reel Fun
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Fun »

You guys cut it OUT.............. I'm going scalloping this weekend.......MAYBE.......... :D
Time on the water is NEVER wasted time.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

big bend gyrene wrote: And hate to say it, but not helping the credibility factor by asking someone that goes by "TheBeerGuy" to chime in... :wink:
Ha Ha Ha! If the guy who we bought the boat from was on here, I'd have him chime in as well...

:smt024
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

It was Nessie!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o
Team Jolly Mon
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Have you guys seen that Monsterquest episode on History where they're searching for the elusive Florida Gulf Coast sea-monster? It's been filmed several times in shallow water, although the video looks like something out of a crappy SciFi movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuWYgWThd4o
Attachments
seamonstertail1.jpg
seamonstertail1.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

I saw something very similar to what GalantNole described up in North Bay by the old fuel depot pier in Lynn Haven. It ended up being a dolphin trying to corral some mullet in about 3-4 foot of water. All I saw was a one to two foot v-shaped wake hauling butt toward shore. The only reason I knew it was a dolphin was at the end a mullet jumped and the dolphin rolled, stuck his head out of the water an inhaled the mullet while it was still in the air.
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

This would be MY first guess :lol:
ObamaSurf.jpg
ObamaSurf.jpg (103.47 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
TheBeerGuy

Post by TheBeerGuy »

I would chime in but galantnole see's things in the water after being on the boat with no keepers in the box from his line :lol:
Need draft equipment, home brew supplies, craft/micro brews, or even a kegerator? Check us out http://www.beertoyou.com or 850-386-BEER(2337)
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

red_yakker wrote:Have you guys seen that Monsterquest episode on History where they're searching for the elusive Florida Gulf Coast sea-monster? It's been filmed several times in shallow water, although the video looks like something out of a crappy SciFi movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuWYgWThd4o
Saw that episode. That's probably what Galantnole saw. The show was inconclusive. I say they sneak up on it in a kayak and sling a harpoon into it. If they come up with a manatee; try again. :wink:

Jeff's photo is of a pod of dolphin on a bunch of mullet. Watched a pod of five work like that all the way across in front of Live Oak Island last Thursday afternoon. Poor mullet were flying everywhere. :D

Several weekends ago there was a bunch of six manatee mating in the boat basin at Live Oak Island. didn't have a camera on me, some of the other folks did, but I didn't really see anything to take a photo of. Bunch of brown manatee in shallow, badly stirred up, brown muddy water. They stayed overnight and left the next afternoon.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Here is a couple I took at Alligator point a couple of years back. Dolphins working the shoreline....

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

I know I know!!!!!!!

I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
breeze

Post by breeze »

Sounds like a USO (unidentified submerged object) :o
'If you don't know where you're goin', you could end up anywhere.'
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Flanders wrote:I know I know!!!!!!!

That reminds me of a photo I took at Shell Point a few years ago.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

dolphinatic wrote:This would be MY first guess :lol:
ObamaSurf.jpg
Just wondering what in the hell would want eat this