Aggrevated!!!!!! Any suggestions????

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RodBow
Site Sponsor

Re: Aggrevated!!!!!! Any suggestions????

Post by RodBow »

I got a 1993 85 'rude if you want to buy it - $4500 w/boat + trailer
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

RodBow wrote:I got a 1993 85 'rude if you want to buy it - $4500 w/boat + trailer
Man, if I had an extra $4500 laying around, I'd buy rocket's truck :smt005

I just went ahead and took the boat back to Porters today...we'll see :roll:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

Try new plugs
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

dolphinatic wrote:I just went ahead and took the boat back to Porters today...we'll see :roll:
I must have missed you. Took the Duracraft down about 3:00
Stay Thirsty My Friends
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

rocket wrote:
dolphinatic wrote:I just went ahead and took the boat back to Porters today...we'll see :roll:
I must have missed you. Took the Duracraft down about 3:00
Yep.....must have. I was hanging gars and pulling them out of the water about that time :-D
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY DOLPHINATIC, I ALWAYS TRIED TO MOVE ANY MERCURY OUTBOARD I BOUGHT IN 2-3 DAYS, DIDN'T WANT IT SPREDING VIRUSES TO MY JOHNSON, EVINRUDES, OMC, BUCCANEER,OCHTAW, OR ELGIN ENGINS IN MIGHT HAVE LAYING AROUND. IF IT WERE A OMC PRODUCT THERE ARE 2 VERY SMALL FUSES ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE TOP CYLINDER OF THE ENGINE, THE FUSE HOLDERS ARE VERY SMALL,ONE IS A 5 AMP FUSE, IF THIS ONE IS BROKEN, NOTHING WORKS ON THE ENGINE, IF IT IS THE LARGER FUSE IT IS A 15 AMP FUSE AND CONTROLS THE LIGHTS , BILGE PUMP, BAIT WELL LIGHT & PUMP, AND FISH WELL. JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT CHECK ON THE MERK, MAYBE IT HAS THESE FUSES ALSO.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt009 :smt011 :smt012
FUTCHCAIRO
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Remember it only takes three things to make it run: 1 Fuel: 2 Compression: and 3 spark. Assuming that you have compression the starting fluid becomes your fuel so you are down to spark. Probabley a coil.

Actually it takes 4 things to make a bang in the cylinder, you also need air. Sometimes there can be an air restriction. It is not likely, especially on an outboard but is is worth a look into the carb opening. Also make sure the butterfly opens. I agree that it sounds like a spark problem, but it is the simple things that confound us on a regular basis.
Good luck,
FF
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Got the call earlier today that the boat was ready to be picked up. Apparently, they extracted 2 gallons of H2O from the motor and fuel tank :roll: The fuel tank is only 6 gallons. What gets me is that I couldn't even get a "bump" with starter fluid being sprayed directly into the carbs. So basically, the front of the motor had to be taken back down to access the carbs (thanks Merc.), carbs drained and cleaned. I still can't figure how that much friggin H2O got in there when the boat had only been run once since the carbs were rebuilt with only one 6 gallon tank of fuel run completly out. I just refilled the tank a few weeks ago with fresh "gas" and that's when it wouldn't run :x Plus, the boat is kept inside or covered when it's outside. Oh well....I hope to get her back out this weekend and let her run over a few of JT's holes :thumbup:

Thanks for ALL the suggestions :beer:

Team BevisRealty.com
reelcatch

Post by reelcatch »

fishinfool wrote:Remember it only takes three things to make it run: 1 Fuel: 2 Compression: and 3 spark. Assuming that you have compression the starting fluid becomes your fuel so you are down to spark. Probabley a coil.

Actually it takes 4 things to make a bang in the cylinder, you also need air. Sometimes there can be an air restriction. It is not likely, especially on an outboard but is is worth a look into the carb opening. Also make sure the butterfly opens. I agree that it sounds like a spark problem, but it is the simple things that confound us on a regular basis.
Good luck,
FF
Air is actually a "given" since if you do not have air the motor running is the least of your worries!!!!!!!!!!!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

dolphinatic wrote:Got the call earlier today that the boat was ready to be picked up. Apparently, they extracted 2 gallons of H2O from the motor and fuel tank :roll: The fuel tank is only 6 gallons. What gets me is that I couldn't even get a "bump" with starter fluid being sprayed directly into the carbs. So basically, the front of the motor had to be taken back down to access the carbs (thanks Merc.), carbs drained and cleaned. I still can't figure how that much friggin H2O got in there when the boat had only been run once since the carbs were rebuilt with only one 6 gallon tank of fuel run completly out. I just refilled the tank a few weeks ago with fresh "gas" and that's when it wouldn't run :x Plus, the boat is kept inside or covered when it's outside. Oh well....I hope to get her back out this weekend and let her run over a few of JT's holes :thumbup:

Thanks for ALL the suggestions :beer:
Check your source of gas, might of got the water from there
Stay Thirsty My Friends