some advice for a desparate angler, nothing specific

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: some advice for a desparate angler, nothing specific

Post by tallykenj »

Awesome, jehren.
The Back Porch
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY WEVANS, GLAD TO HEAR THEY HAVE OPENED THE CANAL SO YA CAN GET IN AND OUT. IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR SINCE I WAS DOWN THERE, THE LAST TRIP THAT CARL AND I ALMOST GOT A TRIP TO MEXICO WHEN THE ENGINE STOPPED AND WE BROKE THE KEY OFF TRYING TO GET IT STARTED AGAIN. THREW THE ANCHOR OVER AND FOUND OUT CARL HAD NOT TIED THE LINE TO THE ANCHOR. THE FISHING TRIP FROM HELL, WHICH WAS THE LAST ONE CARL AND I WENT BEFORE HE DIED. SORRY FOR THE MISINFORMATION ON THE CANAL, MAYBE I CAN LAUNCH MY BOAT DOWN THERE NOW.
PA :smt006 salute2 SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Nice Red Jehren! :thumbup:
When you catch a fish like that it makes all the empty casts worth it. Just remember what you were doing when you hooked up. Keep in mind where you were, what the day and temp was like and the tide. Write it down if you need to. You can probably duplicate that catch in the right circumstances.
Congrats :D
FF
jehren

Post by jehren »

I am headed out to Hickory Mound this afternoon. I have never fished it, only duck hunted there twice. When I was last there, a gentleman remarked on how it was some of the best Redfishing in Florida. I dont know about that on account of Flamingo and Mos. Lagoon , but it is sure worth a try. Thanks again for all the advice.

I assume you fish the other side of the impoundement. I can not see the actually impoundment marsh holding fish. Hopefully my logic is not flawed
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Many times you WILL catch more Reds on the inside than outside :o last time I was there a woman cussed and raised heck cause the Red she caught "on the inside" was 30 inches and she had ta throw it back "I know she wouldn't have if not for us watching" :-D :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I have 2 recommendations.
1. buy a bigger boat.
2. stay off my holes.
Aw C'mon, there's no real adventure when you're out in a big boat. You also catch more fish in a smaller boat. :thumbup:
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb