YES!!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: YES!!

Post by MudDucker »

Scoop Sea wrote:CF, I assume you are looking at the Subsistence Use section of 40 CFR as a means to make your "claim" against BP. You do realize that if BP doesn't pay, that claim is paid out of the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund (federal money). In essence, instead of sticking it to BP, you would be sticking it to the tax payers. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

What's worse, the oil or the slime that comes out with it? I'm just saying......
Careful now, you will educate some far beyond their intelligence.

Obama hasn't forced ANYONE to do ANYTHING. That hallelujah chorus is just down right bogus. BP VOLUNTARILY established this fund. There is NO law that gave Obama any right to make BP do this. BP is trying to do everything it can not to become an impediment to the relationship between the UK and the US. Of course, Obama presumed himself the power to tell the CEO of GM to step down and the idiot did. No legal right to demand that either, but the law does not stand in the way of the one. One day, we will all regret letting this administration get away with forgetting that we are a country ruled by the rule of law and not by mass drooling, as we see here.

By the way, establishing this fund and its funding mechanism takes the heat off of BP on dividend payment so that they can resume that after this quarter. There are a lot of retired folks in the UK who live off of that dividend.

Like Reagan said, its not that liberals don't know anything, it is just that so much of what they think they know just isn't so!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

MudDucker wrote:
Scoop Sea wrote:
Like Reagan said, its not that liberals don't know anything, it is just that so much of what they think they know just isn't so!
AMEN!!! :thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Methinks I remember one day in class my good buddy Confucius said....."ain't no such thing as a free lunch"...or something like that!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Sitting here reading a Wall Street Journal report on the federal response. It reminds me of a script from the Keystone Cops. While it points fingers at the oil industry for not having a plan, the federal government also had no "real" plan in place.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

MudDucker wrote:Sitting here reading a Wall Street Journal report on the federal response. It reminds me of a script from the Keystone Cops. While it points fingers at the oil industry for not having a plan, the federal government also had no "real" plan in place.
Isn't their publication sort of like a weekly tabloid now? Or maybe that's the New York Times.....? :smt005
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

To start, BP should have to pay for the cleanup and make fair reparations to those with a legitimate claim, BP knows this is a cost of business. I think they should also spend a little more and hire more auditors or administrators who are handing out this money to cut down on the false claims. Who decides when someone gets assistance after a disaster? The media, plain and simple. I am not saying that these people dont deserve the money and BP should not pay by any means. I am just saying that disasters happen everyday and people dont get compensated for them. The 9/11 relief fund was one of these instances. Again I am not saying the families of the people who were killed in this horrible act did not deserve compensation but what made them any more worthy to receive federal assistance like they did than say a wife with two kids who lost her husband to a murderer? Nothing in my opinion. I agree with Chalk, in the end, we all are going to have to pay out of our own pockets for the legitimate and false claims.............
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

noleflyfisher wrote:
CrispyFishin wrote: I have legal standing as a purveyor of recreational activities in the Gulf of Mexico to have "legal standing" in my lawsuit against BP and friends.

Fortunately, legal standing and legal merit do not go hand in hand.
concise and acurate. Good to hear from you NFF.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Brits have tea and discuss BP.....
britsteaandbp.jpg
britsteaandbp.jpg (121.17 KiB) Viewed 522 times
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I'm just an Old Florida Cowboy who likes to fish! What do I know?

Could it be an example of "Redistribution of wealth"?

Ain't nothing FREE!

Someone, somewhere at sometime will pay. I already know who it is! Like Pogo said, "I've seen the enemy and it is us!"

What makes me sick is the "greed and political grab" made by some and they think I'm dumb enough to not know what is happening.

SICKENING! Real sickening!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP