Where are the grouper????

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Re: Where are the grouper????

Post by PinFishKing »

I know for a fact grouper migrate from deeper to shallower water year round. Last trip I personally witnessed 6 keeper gags migrate from 30 foot to the Econfina boat ramp in less than 45 minutes. :-D
You just can't fix stupid.
Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

Sea dawg.......Billy Frank has caught more grouper and trout than youve ever dreamed of..... :roll:

I guess those 20 or more keeper grouper we caught in one small 300ft area a few weeks ago lived there all the time. :-D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I went Sunday and trolled from 20 foot out to 53 foot and back and never had the first strike on the stretch 30s :smt010 never had that happen before :smt009 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Deeper! They haven't came in.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

HAD MY LIMIT IN TWO HOURS, 15-20 FT. USED A CRANK BAIT I GOT FOR BASS. THREW BACK 3 SHORTS
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I had to go to almost 20,000 feet offshore to get a limit yesterday.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

Went trolling on saturday. Only had 2 grouper in 30 feet caught on stretch 30 ;pink and chartruse. Didnt get the first bite till almost 500pm and had to go in due to daylight!Caught several shorts on diferent holes/ :smt010 :smt006 The area of the bite in Oct didnt produce any keeper grouper either!
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Went with a couple friends on Sunday, limited on Snapper trolled for grouper a little and had one take a chartruese 30 then a 450 lb Goliath took it. Hit some other patch reef areas and bottom fished in @ 45 ft manage this 30 incher.