To the idiot boater at Spring Warrior....

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

Re: To the idiot boater at Spring Warrior....

Post by slayer »

just to add a good spot to the trip......on friday afternoon, an extremely polite gentlemen idled up to us in the same general location, he was fishing out of a very nice sea hunt with a T-top, he stopped and said he seen that I had several boys in the boat, and he wanted to do his best to make sure that they had a great time, he said he was done for the day and was heading back into keaton, he showed us the gold jerk-bait he was using and told us he had caught 3 limits or so in the last 2 hours.....

My hats off to a true sportsman!!!!!!

Thanks you Sir!!!!
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Next time take a photo of said boat passing between you and the marker. Be sure to get the reg. numbers in the photo and then file a complaint with the FWC. Or you can post that photo here to share with everyone here. He will be easier to find then. And when he is found we could form a posse and capture the outlaw and blow up his boat.
Just Saying. :-D
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

So was it this "Mastercaster" jacka&@ saying he's the one that blew by or did I misread. Damn your Golden Mullet,buddy.... A great group of men here get how you feel,slayer but you always got a mouthy punk in the bunch. Hope the boys enjoyed. The rest of us will be courteous,I'll stop and speak.
Flatsbroke
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

70 mph my tail?? May you'll hit a bar running 70!!
Flatsbroke
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

:pop_1
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

There are many in that area that need boater etiquette courses.
Especially the ones in the airboats.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Wasn't me slayer; I was at St. Marks on Saturday. But the same A-hole buzzed by me within a few yards and he (with his lady and kid) had the whole ocean to give a little breathing room. I mean it was all I could do to resist casting a bait in his boat as he went by. :smt091
Last edited by Harmsway on March 19th, 2012, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Sorry you had a run in with the local village idiot. But other than that how did you and the kids do. A friend of mine was down there sat and limited out on trout. I hope to be down sat myself. :-D
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Sounds like a grade A Number 1 peckerwood. I had a similar incident out of St Marks, not as close but enough to pizz me off. We were catching heck out of reds and decided it would be better to keep catching as others were watching us and would have jumped in our grave.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
slayer

Post by slayer »

I doubt it was mastercaster......the "person" in question had a fairly new bay boat....a little on the smaller size either a 17 0r 19' rig with about a 115 yammie on the back.....Thinking back on it now, I'm probably more worked up over the look I seen on my sons face...he actually dropped his rod and got down in the bottom of the boat......and then the wake hit us and it got sort of "turbulent" .......

As far as the fishing...friday was sort of a bust, lots of shorts and only 5 keeper trout....Saturday we kept 14 trout up to 20"s.......my normal method would have been to get real shallow and work the soft jerk baits......but since this was more for the 2 boys, I opted to stay a bit deeper and allow the boys to use Cajun thunders with a gulp hung under it.....they were able to cast them and they loved watching the cork disappear....its a trip that the 2 young friends will remember for years to come, they felt like men....plus they met some very excellent people that had a camper right next to room #6 at the motel......the boys played with the couples dog(Hank)until I made them come into the room to go to bed......hopefully these boys will have these memories just like I did when my father would take me down to Sherid Island(spelling??) and horseshoe beach when i was a kid...catching fish was just a part of the trip, and did not always dictate it being a good or bad trip.....
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

This is why I wadefish skinny water. The only A-holes that can close enough to harrass in the creeks are mating season alligators, and even at full speed, they barely make a wake.

Hope whomever invaded your day forgets about his drain plug next time he puts in...
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

What color was the boat?
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Im sorry, my wake from the Keys musta hit you............ Just kidding, I think we all have had our run-ins with Aholes out on the water. I had a really "nice" run-in with some jerks last BBSWC.. My daughter scolded me for my words and attitude with somebody that got right up on me on a hole we were fishing. She was right and I (and the A-hole that got on top of us) were wrong. Hope there is no long term negative effect from this encounter. Have a good one.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I was running fence, not crankbaits. However, while what this jackazz did is wrong, you are way over the top. I know you are blowing, but there are some boats around these parts that should you chose to board, you might be the one getting the whipping. Blow your steam and move on. It ain't worth getting your panties so far up your butt that you need surgery to get relief.

I sure hope you didn't carry on like this in front of the kids. I've been in boats with kids when adults did that and the trauma caused by the carrying on was worse than a wake hitting the boat.

Tight lines and fish on!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

I know the guy that came up and showed you the jerk bait, Cotton Cordell. He is a good guy. He told me about his trip as well. Hopefully this incident won't keep the boys from going back out for a nice day on the water.