Isaac

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flanders
Site Sponsor

Re: Isaac

Post by Flanders »

Gulf Coast wrote:Can't wait to get home and watch the weather channel, those guys just have too much fun :) For some reason they remind me of the nerd movies
I agree.. I was watching our local weather yesterday.. They were talking about how the wind was really blowing in now, the surf i really kicking up, and how the locals were really getting concerned and moving out. Then they moved the camera over to the right and there were 3 fat chicks having their picture taken by another fat chick with the ocean in the background.. :smt005 :smt005
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Storms mean Stephanie Abrams! Yeah Storms! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup: and whoever was at the desk last night
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

wevans wrote:Upgraded to a Hurricane and the dry air that was holding it down is almost gone!
I call BS on this even being a hurricane. I think they bumped it up to 80mph to save face and extend the "round-the-clock" coverage :roll:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Gumbo wrote:I just returned to this site, actually missed it a bit, and was going to post a scallop and fishing report from this weekend and read this junk. Making fun of what is about to happen to New Orleans is plain out hateful. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You think that's a Christian way to to think? Hate is hate and if you believe there is someone upstairs that would put up with your discrimination you don't have the same copy of the Bible that I do.
Excuse me, but can I drive you to get your meds refilled? As Leghorn often said, its a joke son, its a joke. If you can't take a joke, now that is truly sad! :smt009
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

In other news, Obummer was heard screaming at his weather czar ... but Bush got a cat 5 storm and all you can get me is a cat 1. Do you know how many cameras I had prepositioned for this campaign ... errr natural disaster event! Do you know how hard it is to get permission to film in Popeye's chicken in Nawleans! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Opps, I guess I am going to Hades! :smt006
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

RHTFISH wrote:Storms mean Stephanie Abrams! Yeah Storms! :-D
this :thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Obama is the biggest joke yet
JCC

Post by JCC »

Don't know whether its puffery. I do know if it had stayed on the earlier track over Appalach, I would have been securing my stuff, whether tropical storm or class 5. BTW CNN reports 500,000 already without power and some levee already overtopped. And it's not going away anytime soon.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

A curfew in Nawlins.....that sure brings back memories!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

TALK ABOUT THOSE TURKEY'S THAT REPORT THE STORM, THEY MADE A MISTAKE IN A REPORT FROM MISS. THEY SHOWED A REPORTER STANDING IN A DRIZZLE WITH THE WIND WHIPPING HIS PANTS AND JACKET, THEN THE CAMERA MADE SWEEPING VIEW OF THE BAY, LOW AND BEHOLD THEY WENT THE WRONG WAY AND THERE WAS A AIR-BOAT ON A TRAILER WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING AT ABOUT A GOOD IDLE SPEED DOING ALL THE WIND BLOWING, DID NOT SEE ANY WHITECAPS IN THE BAY AND A PALM TREE BEHIND THE REPORTER WITH THE PALM FAWNS HANGING STRAIGHT DOWN, THIS KIND OF CRAP HAS GOTTEN ME TO THE POINT THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING I SEE ON THE BOOB TUBE REGUARDING STORMS OR WEATHER. IT IS JUST LIKE THE PERSON IN THE PRESIDENTS CHAIR, DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS EITHER. MY .02 CENTS.
PA
SEMPER FI :smt006 :smt006 salute1 salute2 salute3
FUTCHCAIRO
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

For what it is worth, my wife and I have been staying in Mexico Beach for the past week. Fished last Thursday and Friday (caught some really nice fish). It is windy here and the seas are extremely rough. 8 to 12' ers crashing on the beach and much larger seas breaking off of the cape. They appear to be twice the size of those on the beach. There were a number of surfers here (some professionals we were told) and they were having a difficult time with the surf.

Yesterday winds were sustained at 28mph with 40mph gusts. By no means am I backing the news reporters, just wanting to give a report as we are down here. :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:TALK ABOUT THOSE TURKEY'S THAT REPORT THE STORM, THEY MADE A MISTAKE IN A REPORT FROM MISS. THEY SHOWED A REPORTER STANDING IN A DRIZZLE WITH THE WIND WHIPPING HIS PANTS AND JACKET, THEN THE CAMERA MADE SWEEPING VIEW OF THE BAY, LOW AND BEHOLD THEY WENT THE WRONG WAY AND THERE WAS A AIR-BOAT ON A TRAILER WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING AT ABOUT A GOOD IDLE SPEED DOING ALL THE WIND BLOWING, DID NOT SEE ANY WHITECAPS IN THE BAY AND A PALM TREE BEHIND THE REPORTER WITH THE PALM FAWNS HANGING STRAIGHT DOWN, THIS KIND OF CRAP HAS GOTTEN ME TO THE POINT THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING I SEE ON THE BOOB TUBE REGUARDING STORMS OR WEATHER. IT IS JUST LIKE THE PERSON IN THE PRESIDENTS CHAIR, DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS EITHER. MY .02 CENTS.
PA
SEMPER FI :smt006 :smt006 salute1 salute2 salute3
I turned on the weather channel this AM to see AL and Stephanie in No, same thing, standing like they were about to be blown over holding on to each other and in the background some guy comes strolling down the sidewalk with his rain jacket shorts and sneakers like he was on a sunday stroll. They sure can build you up to think that Katrina 2 just arrived. Not making light of the storm at all but for some reason or the other the press has to make a big fuss of everything. I hope all in that area are safe.
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

As a person who spent most of their formidable year in South Louisiana, I have pretty much given up on The Weather Channel. These shows are designed for ratings and some small scientific fact. I wholeheartedly agree with PA. This being said, it is nasty there now. They are experiencing what TS Debbie was to the Big Bend on a much grander scale. Slow moving, rain soaking storm. I recently found out that DirecTV channel 325 is broadcasting here in Florida the News Stations from New Orleans, not the slanted media from the Weather Channel. Some of my friends and family are high and dry with power, others are being picked out of the water by rescuers. We all need to say a little prayer for the folks in the river parishes.

salute3
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

A hurricane in NOLA and people don't leave. I guess they don't qualify for the free Walmart card if they leave for safety.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?