SGI-Getting Skunked-HELP!!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zload
Site Sponsor

Re: SGI-Getting Skunked-HELP!!!

Post by zload »

Nice to hear some improvement! Way to stick with it :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Just read a report on GON. Guy is having good luck on Gulp! new penny in the surf on a red jig head. Caught several trout, redfish , and some flounder. Don't know exactly where tho.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

Found the ticket! Live bait at East End on a moving tide. Started off with live shrimp, caught a few small sharks and a couple of blue fish. Threw the cast net and caught some bait fish. Then it was on! Flounder, trout, reds, sharks. Fun day had by all. Too bad we are leaving tomorrow. I really think the moon changing and water clearing helped us as the week went by. It was awfully windy at the first of the week. Early and late is definitely the better times to fish. Thanks for all of the help! Tight lines everyone!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Glad you caught some. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what they want, and when you do it is definitely worth it. We rented a house on the east end one year and caught fish in the surf every morning, but by 10 AM they were done. Went out at the same time each AM and caught quite a few. :roll:
Yours in the South
JPVERN

Post by JPVERN »

I will be getting there Saturday and staying until the 21st. I've grown up going there, and now take my family after many years.
I've usually fished just off the surf but this year I'll be taking my kayak. I'm hoping to have success. My plans are to fish everymorning, very early until about 11 (that's when the kids wake up) and I'll probably fish the surf at night.
I can not wait to get down there. I love SGI
Hopefully I'll have some good reports.
Whether it be with weapon or with wits, an armed man defeats an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
SO MOTE IT BE
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

in our area (Cedar Key) we have had to go to deeper water for trout as deep as 10/ 12 feet