Econfina or Keaton Beach?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina or Keaton Beach?

Post by Salty Gator »

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the report, nice work :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

Thanks for the report g24. Hope to be out around Rock Island shortly after lunch tomorrow.
Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Grassman24 wrote:Put in econfina around 3 and headed toward some creeks near aucilla. Fished hard near the mouth and around some oyster bars and got nothing. So i heaed out into the flats and started picking up trout in 3-4 ft of water. Water temps were 69-72. Used a bass assasin spinner but switched to a cotton cordell gold jerkbait. Ended up with a limit and threw back quite a few shorts. The wind was tough, at least 15 knots with gusts higher. Staying in perry tonight and gonna try econfina tomorrow but gonna head toward hickory mound area. High tide is at 1:30 so gonna wait til around 9:30-10 to head out. Hope thos helps. Will post how i do tomorrow.
Good deal. With those temps I'd got straight to the flats today. Get the Tapatalk app and you can post easily from phone. Hick mound is a good area. We did real good out from it to 6' last spring. Good luck.

Grassman24

Post by Grassman24 »

Went out of econfina this morning around 9 am. Had to idle all the way out. Fished hickory mounds hard but only had 2 keepers by 12. Went back to aucilla where i fished yesterday and caught the last 8 keepers in rather short time. Stayed in 3 ft of water and the only lure i could get a bite on was a gold jerkbait. Water temp was 68-70. Sorry no pics. Every keeper was 17-19 in.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Grassman24 wrote:Went out of econfina this morning around 9 am. Had to idle all the way out. Fished hickory mounds hard but only had 2 keepers by 12. Went back to aucilla where i fished yesterday and caught the last 8 keepers in rather short time. Stayed in 3 ft of water and the only lure i could get a bite on was a gold jerkbait. Water temp was 68-70. Sorry no pics. Every keeper was 17-19 in.
. Sweet. Sounds like a good day. One thing I love about Ecofina is that if they are not biting towards Rock Island they will towards Aucilla. Or vice versa. My day sucked . . . I was at work.

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I fished Keaton today....it was the slowest that I've ever seen and it looked like it would be a perfect day. There were about 8 boats in line at the ramp and there were very few fish caught.

Team Jolly Mon
wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

My afternoon was the same for me, we fished from Fenholloway to past Hickory Mound and had 2 sand trout and a blue. Sand trout are rare for me in this area.
Used everything from live shrimp to gulps to plugs.
Maybe next time

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Same here, we tried live bait, gulp and plugs and even some cut bait. They didn't want anything. We fished from 2feet to 10 feet

Team Jolly Mon
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Pretty obvious y'all weren't holding your mouths right. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Grassman24

Post by Grassman24 »

I tried topwater, jigging a gulp on the bottom, catch 2000, and afraid to say i even threw what my friends refer to as the 'yankee lure', the ol poppin cork for a few throws to try to entice a bite at the mounds. Nothing got a bote except for the gold jerkbait. Will be back down next week if the weather is right. Hope to hear some good reports.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I'm with silver king on this one you must not of heldone your mouth right yesterday but I heard it was slow for some others too.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I had similar luck in steinhatchee, fished two days and it only had two bluefish to show for it. Fished creeks, Creek mouths, oyster bars, the river, the flats, 1ft all the way to 20ft with not even a seabass to show for it. Wind and waves forecast was off as usual.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:I had similar luck in steinhatchee, fished two days and it only had two bluefish to show for it. Fished creeks, Creek mouths, oyster bars, the river, the flats, 1ft all the way to 20ft with not even a seabass to show for it. Wind and waves forecast was off as usual.
I agree with you. It was ROUGH Friday afternoon.

Team Jolly Mon
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Flint River Pirate wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:I had similar luck in steinhatchee, fished two days and it only had two bluefish to show for it. Fished creeks, Creek mouths, oyster bars, the river, the flats, 1ft all the way to 20ft with not even a seabass to show for it. Wind and waves forecast was off as usual.
I agree with you. It was ROUGH Friday afternoon.

And it was even rougher Thursday, at least my boss didnt miss me .