Aucilla 1/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CROCKER

Post by CROCKER »

ROCKET, I WAS ONE OF THE GUYS AT THE RAMP. AT LEAST YOU DID CATCH SOME FISH. I SPENT THE WHOLE AFTERNOON TRYING TO GET WAY BACK IN SECRET CREEK (1' OF WATER) AND MORE MOSS THAN I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. I FINALLY GET BACK THERE AND I HANG A BIG ONE 24-27"ER. I GO TO GET MY NET AND OF COURSE IT GETS HUNG UP IN MY OTHER POLES. WELL THE FISH GETS OFF AND I PULL IN THE "REDFISH MAGIC" SPINNER BAIT. HE BROKE THE WIRE THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE GRUB, IT LOOKED LIKE A TWISTED UP BUBBLE GUM WRAPPER. I HAVE NEVER FISHED WITH THAT SPINNER BAIT BEFORE, BUT YOU CAN BET I WANT FISH WITH IT AGAIN.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

The whole thing sounds scary & could have been a lot worse. It's a good thing the tide was still up enough. All in all you sure handled a potential tragic situation well.
I was also on the Aucilla yesterday from about 11:00 until about 2:30. I kayaked from the ramp up river on a sight seeing trip with my brother. We paddled to the bridge at 98. I did fool around fishing a little and catch 4 bass. :thumbup:
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Crocker,
Even though we got there late, I understand the water did not come in until right at 3:00 pm. So if your were there much before that, I bet you did have trouble getting into that creek.
Were you in the flats boat by yourself, or in the jon with another guy?

Lit,
I've lost a many a plug on Lake Jackson, and it never seemed like a big deal, but I don't want nothing to do with hypothermia. I had just watched something about it on TV, and it said once the body gets 85+- degrees ( I forget the exact temp) you go in to a coma. So that being fresh in my mind had me wanting to get back to the hill quick!! :-D Water temp was 55 degrees all day.

Lessoned learned: Be better prepared next time. Make sure there is a spare plug on the boat.
Now...lets go fishing :thumbup:
CROCKER

Post by CROCKER »

I WAS IN THE FLATS BOAT, I STAYED IN THE RIVER FOR AN HOUR OR TWO BEFORE GOING TO THE CREEK. IT WAS ABOUT 3:40 BEFORE I COULD REALLY MOVE AROUND IN THE CREEK. I BELIEVE I AM GOING TO HANG IT UP TILL SPRING.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

CROCKER wrote:I WAS IN THE FLATS BOAT, I STAYED IN THE RIVER FOR AN HOUR OR TWO BEFORE GOING TO THE CREEK. IT WAS ABOUT 3:40 BEFORE I COULD REALLY MOVE AROUND IN THE CREEK. I BELIEVE I AM GOING TO HANG IT UP TILL SPRING.
Yeah, I talked to you about in-line spinners compared to saftey pin type. Next time I'll introduce myself!
Don't hang it up man, they are there...just keep at'em :thumbup: .