Kayak Floatilla Trip #2

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Don't know if I'm going to make it tomorrow.

Fever and chills last night, stuffy head and sore throat this morning and generally feeling like rewarmed dog doo. Think I caught what Wevans had. We must have been on the same thread at the same time. :wink:

If I don't show, don't wait.
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Charles,
Dang--sorry to hear about it. Don't know if I should reply to your post--mebbe it's contagious! Seriously though, take it easy, and we'll hope to see you on the next trip out.
Best,
Dick
ben

hey

Post by ben »

just saw the post! i will try and meet you guys out there sunday morning. my grandparents are in town and leaving early sunday. i might be a little late but i think i will make it out there!!!!
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Sunday, 9 April, dawned cool and overcast. Add to this a pretty heavy wind of over 20 mph at times, and it added up to lots of fishing, but not much catching. In attendance were BlueDrifter, Bakertize, Billy Miller, and myself. We headed over to the East Goose Creek area and stayed there all day. It was also pretty shallow during the morning on the incoming, so that, plus the stiff breeze, caused most everyone to anchor up on the oyster bars and wade-fish the morning. Billy, however, did catch his trout on a ChugBug topwater from his yak just off one of the oyster bars.

Bakertize, who wade-fished, started with a root beer DOA shrimp under a CT, had success with that, and stuck with it for the remainder of the day. Here is his keeper--a 22-incher. He also had a 12 inch steel leader rigged above his DOA when he caught this one.

We are thinking about hitting the West Goose Creek area for the next trip, but suggestions are welcome.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Sorry I missed ya'll. Kids, I do love them, more than fishin (a little more).

So, trip #2 & Baker has the big fish?
:thumbup:
Last edited by Littoral on April 10th, 2006, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Again!
Bakertize
Site Sponsor

Post by Bakertize »

Littoral wrote:So, trip #2 & Baker has the big fish?
:smt098
Again!
:thumbup: :thumbup:
yea the root beer D.O.A ! was working hard.
had a monster trout on but lost it as I worked it closer to the oyster bar I was on. so I added the 12" steel leader Apalach mentioned earlier and the result . :smt004
1 st trout in the yak and released
2 nd trout in and released
3 rd trout in the bag :lick:
had a good time :-D
easter weekend looks busy for me so Ill get out with you all next time 8)
Robert Baker
TnT Hide-a-way inc.
http://www.tnthideaway.com
BlueDrifter

hey!

Post by BlueDrifter »

BlueDrifter was there but had to leave early. Did see some swirls in very shallow water in new grass tried a few casts but no takers.
Had a nice boat ride though and enjoyed meeting the other three. Actually I started fishing at 6 AM while I waited for others to arrive.
ben

looked like fun

Post by ben »

sorry i couldn't make it out. looks like you guys had fun. i had some good times with my granparents though, so it was a good weekend after all. i am going to orlando this weekend but next weekend I have off. I know St. Joe bay was mentioned when we were at wakulla river a while back. I'm up for it. Hope something good gathers for the 29th and 30th :)