So did I miss the NFGFC Tournament Results?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Bud and I were confused all day. First, I thought it was a catch and release tournament and let the only legal fish of the day take a header off the boat. Then we got a case of "the birddogs"...

Ended up landing four reds with these two being the biggest at about 26 1/2. I had one other straighten my hook and we probably could have anchored up and had a ball; but, we thought we might try to catch a trout. No such luck. Had fun anyway and can't wait till next time. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Lesson #2 Never leave fish that are biting, esp. redfish. :wink: :lol:

Glad ya'll got a few. :thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Ordinarily I would say something stupid here. But, the picture says it all.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I'm just glad Birddog and I didn't drift into that big school of reds. I would have never got that boy to think about trout the rest of the day. :-?
What was I supposed to do today?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:-D
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

St. Joe

Post by Steve Stinson »

We found plenty of fish on Friday, but not a one on the same spots Saturday.

Managed to cast net a hundred or more greenbacks and headed over to Black's Island where we caught a cooler full of flounder and jumped a tarpon.

- Steve Stinson
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Alright, time to set the story straight.
First of all Chuck didn't say anything about me being a net man. As a mater of fact we told Steve if he was only going to catch one trout to weigh we could use him on our boat to dip fish and put in the live well then he wouldn't have to lie to his wife about all the fish he handled that day :thumbup:
Second, I could have weighed only the fish I caught and still would have won Saturday-- Chuck did catch the big one only after he got done fishing for about two hours in the spots he wanted to try and I said do you mind if we move now-- kind of reminds me of another 6lb trout he caught and didn't want to fish there neither, you all will have to ask him about that one :o then I said lets go to where I think they are and BAM I put on a show kind of reminds me of the time Big T and me fished a couple of times together I said I've got a few spots and what do you know Big T caught some fish. Not saying nothing bad about their fishing skills I'm just glad I don't have to rig their polls as well :thumbup:
Now to Chalk I think truth be known Tins back probably hurts after every tourney that's just what I heard, and I'm not talking about any Broke-back action type of thing :o I'm talking about carrying you thorough the day of fishing.
Chalk, Steve, Big T-- ya'll keep trying or just keep following me ya;ll get it one day :thumbup:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Dang. :o Burn :lol:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

OK.... everybody pull up a chair... :smt014

NFGFC Rule #12 states:
All fish must be photographed prior to weigh in.
Since My Captain was the only one conscientious enough to comply, and since the rules DO NOT state that a tournament fish must be caught before a bonus fish counts.....

I NOW DECLARE THAT TEAM EERMAN AND SIR REEL ARE THE WINNERS OF THE PORT SAINT JOE TOURNAMENT.

It should now be expected that the tournament director appropriately re distribute the points in the following manner.

Eerman/Sir Reel BIG FAT 30
ALL OTHERS 25 participation points resulting from non compliance with rule #12 (some responsibliity for this oversight must be born by the tournament director)
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Hey JT51 and Chalk, I was just thinking of a way to make these tournaments a little fairer for ya'll :cry: Maybe we can have them during the week that seems to be the time ya'll go and catch the good catches so you say :o and you want have to worry about all pressure of the hard working people that can't fish during the week :thumbup:
Just a thought :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Sir reel wrote:NFGFC Rule #12 states:
All fish must be photographed prior to weigh in.
Say what.. :roll: read it and still don't believe it.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

TroutTrent wrote:
Chalk, Steve, Big T-- ya'll keep trying or just keep following me ya;ll get it one day :thumbup:
Following you around would only lead to a career in selling used cars :o :smt005 :smt005

...mathematically that would equal 103%

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Sir Reel,you are right but for the wrong reasons.
The first meeting this year we discussed the changes. That makes you wrong. As yet we have not posted NEW rules. That makes you right. However,the meeting dicussion for year 06 makes you wrong again. Therefore 2 wrong don't make a right. In other words YOU LOSE.

P.S. Keels predicted this would happen and that the rules should be updated and printed. That makes Keels right. But, you are still wrong.Am I right?
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Are you sure it wasn't a redfish tournament? :-D
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

HEAR SAY.... SAY's YOUR WRONG.

If it ain't published it ain't verifiable.

Jumptrout wrote:

Sir Reel,you are right but for the wrong reasons
I'm pleased that you agree that Eerman and I should be delcared the winners, although we may have different reasons for being in agreement. Fortuantely, the truth doesn't depend on which reason is used. The winner is the winner per the written word.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".