St. Marks 3/29/2003

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tod

Post by Tod »

Semper Fi, being new to the fishing game I don't know alot but I'm trying to learn. If the bigger fish are coming in the one thing I can tell you I will be there giving them a shot. You would think that you would not have problems getting people to go with you but some days I can't find a sole to go fishing. I will go alone but it is more fun with other people around :D . I quess people have other things to do besides fish and hunt but I sure can't see why, I thouhgt that was what weekends were for :P .
Tod Browning (AKA Iceman)
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info. Now, maybe I'll have the added confidence to fish the CT a little bit more often, and who know's, maybe even catch a fish on the dadburn thing.
And, Tod, I feel your pain, bought a boat a little over a year ago, and figured I wouldn't be able to beat all my friends off, but as it turns out, I fish alone, 90% of the time. I have come to enjoy it, because I get to try all sorts of new things without hearing any lip, and I never have to listen to whining when someone else is hungry, tired, or bored. So it's not all that bad, just me and my trusty ole dog, which never tells me I'm not fishin the right color lure, etc. etc.
Fish Masterson
ragansm1

Post by ragansm1 »

Well someone talk about the sploding top water lures!!! You all a are full fo great info. Keep it coming.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Aint been much splodin goin on lately, cept them danged Macks :o They do love a Chug Bug :lol:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

You don't have to change the subject from the CT to talk about topwater sploding. :lol: As anyone who fishes CT can attest. Lots of times the trout will beat the paint off the cork hitting it. Throw out a Bug, a Top Pup, or any other topwater and they won't hit it. Throw the CT back and they slap it clean out of the water. I learned a trick a few years ago. When they are doing this, use a CT with a treble hook attached to each end of the cork. :idea: You can buy them already assembled. One cast you catch a bottom fish, the next cast you might catch topwater.
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds lika good idea :idea: and it could get intrestin if ya get one one both :lol:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Never done that wevans, but I shore dreamed of it a lot. Imagine having a hold on TWO gators at the same time. :o I've caught two at one time on a Mirror Lure though. 8)
Semper Fi