Kayak Anglers Club Organization Meeting

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Are you interested in a Kayak Fishing Organization

Poll ended at October 25th, 2006, 9:39 am

yes
89%
no
11%

Total votes: 9

Bakertize
Site Sponsor

Post by Bakertize »

hey, All you Kayak Anglers :smt006

The first meeting of the Fogotten Coast Kayak Anglers club is GO !!!!

3212 Appalachee parkway Tallahassee
878-8226

Date : Oct. 18th

Time : 7:00 pm
Robert Baker
TnT Hide-a-way inc.
http://www.tnthideaway.com
CrippleDog

Post by CrippleDog »

Hate to be too picky, but anyway to change the night? Wednesday's are not good for me.
CrippleDog
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

We may change the night for the future, we had to get a night that we could find accommodations. The meeting starts at 7:00, if you can arrive late that would be great so that you can meet the rest of us.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

I plan to make it.
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Got it on my calendar--thanks.
RonHarrison
Site Sponsor

Post by RonHarrison »

On my calendar.
Ron Harrison
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 Hobie Outback Rigging Photo Album @ http://www.nettally.com/rharri/riggingredirect.htm .
MTeal
Site Sponsor

Post by MTeal »

I look forward to helping out...Wednesdays are bad for me. I will offer to promote club meetings/post signs, etc. at the Big Bend Fly Shop though.

Mike
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Hi All, It looks like I can make the meeting. :D
In the name of "efficiency", any thoughts-agenda-ideas etc that we could/should consider or prep before we meet?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

We will introduce ourselves to each other, and discuss the virtues of forming a Kayak Anglers club. We will set an agenda to form an organization and discuss a timeline to completing that agenda. We will discuss the upcoming season and get some ideas together for having monthly meetings like artificial fishing seminars, kayak safety equipment, flyfishing seminars, fresh water fishing strategies, salt water fishing the tides, and many other things. We will keep it less than formal and move pretty fast so that we don't spend too much time there. We will also propose thatwe have the meetings on Tuesday or Thursday night, and move the meeting around to different locations. If you have some ideas, then bring them up.

C-ya there.
huntboykins

MEETING NIGHT

Post by huntboykins »

NEW TO KAYAK FISHING, WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THE MEETING WED. NIGHT BUT WEDNESDAY'S ARE BAD FOR ME THURSDAY'S WOULD BE BETTER. HOPE YA-LL CAN POST SOME OF THE THINGS DISCUSSED ESPECIALLY ANY TIPS. I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT KAYAK FISHING, CAUGHT MY 1ST KEEPER RED AND 5 NICE FLOUNDER SAT.. 3-4 INCH BERKLEY "GULPS" - SHRIMP- NEW PENNY WORKED GREAT. ONE OF THE FLOUNDER WAS 18 LONG AND 10 WIDE, TOOK A BIT LAND HIM. DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE BEING THAT CLOSE TO THE WATER WHEN LANDING A FISH.
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Hey hunt,
Welcome--glad to see you made it over here, but sorry you can't make the meeting. We will try to keep everyone informed about what develops.

huntboykins

Post by huntboykins »

HOW DO YOU INSERT A PHOTO TO POST. I READ ON FAQ'S [/img] THAT YOU HAVE TO SUPPLY A LINK TO SOMETHING LIKE "KODAK PHOTO GALLERY" OR ITS EQUIVALENT ON THE WEB BUT I HAVE SEEN PHOTO'S DIRECTLY UNDER POST?
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Hunt,
There are several different ways to post photos, but probably the most efficient way is to register with a third party photo-hosting service (free). You get set up with them (many out there) with a password and username, and then send them any photo you want posted, and choose the URL format for that site (if they give you this choice). They then assign a specific URL to your pic, reduce the size of your pic to the limits set by that Web site, and you are good to go simply by pasting that URL into the post and Web site of choice. Sounds complicated, but it really is very easy and straightforward once you get the hang of it and have a few posts under your belt. Two that I use are the following:

1. Fishing and Hunting Picture Processor: I use the Florida Sportsman Magazine Forum style for everything, even though Big Bend Fishing.net now has its own (probably the same).

http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com/

2. Photobucket: I use this one now pretty much exclusively, since once you get many hundreds of pics on a site, this one is much easier to navigate thru to find the pic you are interested in. There is also a small fee ($25), once you go over a certain number of pics on file.

http://photobucket.com/

For either, just follow their individual instructions about how to get registered, then follow their directions for posting pics, try a few, and you should be good to go.

Once you have a pic posted to either of the sites, then you copy the URL that the site gives you for your pic, you paste this URL into the body of your post, your post goes out on the Web to find the site with your pic and almost instantaneously your pic appears in your post. BigBendFishing.net is nice in that they give you a “Previewâ€
abcarias

I wont be able to attend meetings on T/R

Post by abcarias »

Hey guys:
I teach until 8:15pm on T/R's all year long. Are there any other possibilities or could we meet at 8:30 for an hour? Its not that big of a deal I guess though I was sort of interested in being involved. If we make Apalach take the minutes it will be probably more interesting to read then the actual meeting itself :-D

The "big Irish" and I are hitting the east river sat morn at 7:15 if he learns to read a clock. See you there if you can make it!
Last edited by abcarias on October 18th, 2006, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Are there any other possibilities or could we meet at 8:30 for an hour? If we make Apache take the minutes it will be probably more interesting to read then the actual meeting itself
Apache! Apache?? Them collitch perfessors need to take a spelling test (and mebbe a history testes) before being hired, dontcha think? Last I heerd, our local tribe was the Apalachee, but if we got any Apaches running around, they're welcome to attend the meeting also... :-D